a night out,with deker

hi every one

i dont come in this section very often,as i use air rifle mainly.

but i have been out with deker a few times,on vermin control and at Bisley.any ways deker needs some work doing so as he is a good 50 minutes away from me,we decided to have an hour out sorting the work out.then about 11hours shooting! "well it would be rude,not too".

we set of to deker's first permission, a quick zero and a walk around.but it seemed pretty quiet on the vermin front,until we were on our way back,and deker spotted movement over by the fern trees at the east of the property.i lazed it 77yds a slow movement to the prone position bi-pod out a nice relaxed aproach and squeeze THWACK! over it went,first of the day in the bag!

then we was off to another permission,that was pretty quiet too! i think the bunny's had the right idea and stayed out of the rain!! but we had a good walk around, and deker showed me the hot spots and boundaries.

we left here after about an hour and went to another permission a farm,with a large horse paddocks which the bunnys are digging in so they need to be dealt with :thumbs: we had three here,on the lamp.before we moved on to yet another permission.

as we pulled in to this last permission,we caught site of about 8/10 bunny's in the head lights,but left them for our exit!and carried on to the next field, and again the head lights caught about 10/12 in this field.lights of kit out lamps attached,quick flick cross hairs THWACK!THWACK! one each for us both :thumbs:

then on foot from here,we went up the track and deker could smell a fox.he told me to get ready called it in lamp,flash,squeeze,THWACK!! over it went.i was well pleased there were a few more fox out that night,but i couldn't get a clear shot on any others,due to backstop & a brow of a hill :thumbdown: but safety first as always. :thumbs:

then we headed back down to the car,and had a look in one field.and there was about 15/20 bunny's i had about 3/4 of these but only found 3,deker had a few too! i had three shots left and deker said to me make these count,as he had no more on him :(

so down i go in the prone position,lamp em up all out to 91 paces.so these had to count cross hairs on target THWACK this split threesome up! one going left and the other going right,but only about 5/10yds apart.i took the right hand second THWACK!,and then the left hand third THWACK!

and deker also had a few in the same field with his .22lr,there was many fox out that night as we discovered on our return to the car .as the one we had earlier was missing :doh:

as i was getting ready for the a pic,deker was picking of the one we see on our arrival :thumbs:

we had a good day/night and packed up at the right time,as the heavens opened heavy.

here is a few pics

outwithdeker25-02-20111.jpg

outwithdeker25-02-20112.jpg

outwithdeker25-02-20113.jpg

group photo

outwithdeker25-02-20114.jpg

thanks to deker for a great time out,and we shall do it again, when i come to do the work?

thanks a lot buddy

regards

Davy

• Like 1

Nice write up mate, glad you enjoyed shooting 17hmr, FAC application on your mind now???? Oh SP too:)

hi marka

yes is on my mind! but in 2yrs time,i was turned down last year! :icon_eek:

thanks for the comments lads

regards

Davy

what as the reason they turned you down davy ?

hi LB

they didn't give one! and i dont think they have too?

i had a bout of depression in 2005,so i was told in 2010 to re-apply in three years :wallbash:

so just counting the years now!! :laugh:

but dont get me wrong,i am really enjoying my air gunning :thumbs:

FAC for future vermin control (fox)

regards

Davy