not read all off topic but-----

i know my neibour feeds his dogs nothing but what they catch now and again he has to buy bag off dog food to mix in,,,,as he has work commitments :thumbs:

what i do i like ox liver and lambs heart ,,,bought cheap at any shop,,,,,i do use dry dog food,,,,but i like to mix it up with tea,s left overs,,,epacailly ,,,,spagg ball and pasta bake,,,,as are full off mince , and more importantly full off tomatao,and tomato i belive is good to stop dogs cramping up :thumbs: lets not forget when there eating that there gettin the best steak mince thats left over

wotever u feed dog,s ,,,,choices vary,,,but u know when there in good condtion,,,,,no need in this day in age for poorly condtioned dogs,,, :thumbs:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your not to bothered about what people think (like me!) its worth driving round all your local supermarkets after they close and checking the skips ive had loads of meat out of them from pork pies

NO DOG should go hungry these days !! FFS, you can get a 15Kg bag of complete working dog food from the likes of Netto's for six quid !! If you have ANY brains, you can go around your local butchers a

as far as cheap dry food goes i buy just out of date or near date top brand dogfood to tide me over when they havent got barf; eukaneuba, hills science diet, james welbeloved come to me out of the bac

Watch the sausages, could be a bit salty.

My lurcher mostly has Tesco frozen chicken portions, £2.80 for 1.5kg. That works out about 80p lb, bit dear but she doesn't need much.

I get the frozen market value assorted chicken joints for the ferrets. £2.79 for 2kg. :thumbs:

Well they're the the same as I get malt, so being 2kg bags that works out to be 64p lb which is a fair price for top grade dog food.

so do lads not think that feeding top dry food is,nt enough for your dogs and know lads that feed £6 a sack rubbish ,i get a decent dry and barf and they get veg twice dureing the week ,brown bread twice dureing the week and makeril that i caught in the summer from the mull of gallaway once a week ,so a mixed diet but suits my dog,plus pure codliver once a week

Edited by rocky1

Watch the sausages, could be a bit salty.

My lurcher mostly has Tesco frozen chicken portions, £2.80 for 1.5kg. That works out about 80p lb, bit dear but she doesn't need much.

I get the frozen market value assorted chicken joints for the ferrets. £2.79 for 2kg. :thumbs:

Well they're the the same as I get malt, so being 2kg bags that works out to be 64p lb which is a fair price for top grade dog food.

thumbs.gif

so do lads not think that feeding top dry food is,nt enough for your dogs and know lads that feed £6 a sack rubbish ,i get a decent dry and barf and they get veg twice dureing the week ,brown bread twice dureing the week and makeril that i caught in the summer from the mull of gallaway once a week ,so a mixed diet but suits my dog,plus pure codliver once a week

if ur going to add meat,,,,dont add it to a dry food that has high protein ( i,e 28% or above )

but if dry food has low protein 20% or 22%,,,,i dont see the harm :thumbs:

but when it comes to fish ,,,u get nothing better,,,,but to add too big protein bags off food,,,ur choice,,,,i tend to add ,,,as fish add more than just protein :thumbs:

as far as cheap dry food goes i buy just out of date or near date top brand dogfood to tide me over when they havent got barf; eukaneuba, hills science diet, james welbeloved come to me out of the backdoor of my local vets for the same money that you'd pay for the cheap shite dog food,

ive feck all money but my dogs want for nothing,

seen a certain snobbery sneaking its way into this topic,

theres people who take care of their dogs and theres people who dont.

seen men living in houses worth 3/4 million driving around in mercs with dogs in poor overall condition. with dull coats

Edited by CarraghsGem
  • Like 1

if ur going to add meat,,,,dont add it to a dry food that has high protein ( i,e 28% or above )

but if dry food has low protein 20% or 22%,,,,i dont see the harm :thumbs:

but when it comes to fish ,,,u get nothing better,,,,but to add too big protein bags off food,,,ur choice,,,,i tend to add ,,,as fish add more than just protein :thumbs:

i use snedyswonderdog 24% protein with a 1b of barf 2 each dog ,

i very really buy any dog food at all , if i do then its when im at shows but the rest of the time its whats been left off the dinner plates,and any spare catch thats how all my family have fed their dogs,my last dog died at the grand age of 18 so carnt be doing much wrong

I feed Skinners duck and rice or salmon and rice averages about £25 a fortnight for the two lurchers they get raw mince and chicken carcuss lamb breast and other stuff.The local butchers a fantastic guy has gave me loads including pig heads which is fine out back trying to cut it with an axe rofl.The get raw egg a few times a week pro biotic yoghurts and fish etc.Mainly stuff i find reduced or i get given neighbours all hand stuff in as well theyre throwing away cos they know the dogs dont care.Even had an old lass bring me a liver and beef casserole to the door for the dogs cos she said they need feeding up lmao tried to explain theyre not labs ffs.It was a lovely gesture though and they thoroughly enjoyed it.Morrisons do a cheap compound dog food looks like omega and only pennies for a 3kg bag a few of them for those who are struggling with some odd scraps from your table and they wont go wrong

if you buy really expensive dog grub your lurcher will run like a world beater.

WRONG. ( unless its breed or is a world beater )

This is the biggest mistake people make and waste a heap of money in the proccess.

you cant pollish a turd! I usually keep on quite a few dogs on and if I went out and bought dry food at £2o+ a bag id be living on the streets.

I buy "wag" the cheapest dry food and i boil rabbits hares and feed raw deer most days in the season then out of season give them just cheap buiscuits. whats the point giving them good grub over the summer ( a lot of people like to keep there show ponies in tip top condition this time of year ! :no: ).

sure id cook toast for them! that bread will do the sparrows more good than the dogs.

Tesco have got anoth money as it is, my brother buys his butcher a bottle of scotch at chrismas and gets heaps of meat or goes to slaughter house.

young growing dogs are diffrent you need to feed them to get best from them in terms of size. But My older dogs provide the game for them + a few other bits Iv always given them while there under a year.

my lurchers do the job due to there breeding and education not a fancy bag of over priced feed.

• Like 1

If your not to bothered about what people think (like me!) its worth driving round all your local supermarkets after they close and checking the skips ive had loads of meat out of them from pork pies to full chickens! And my mate has pigs so will take all the bread, fruit an veg and give me some money for a pint or two lol it might not be to everyones approval but at the end of the day its only been chucked away that night and a few hours earlier was on the shelf and classed as fit for human consumption!

av not thought of that mate..AL be of to me local supermarket tonight :thumbs:

If your not to bothered about what people think (like me!) its worth driving round all your local supermarkets after they close and checking the skips ive had loads of meat out of them from pork pies to full chickens! And my mate has pigs so will take all the bread, fruit an veg and give me some money for a pint or two lol it might not be to everyones approval but at the end of the day its only been chucked away that night and a few hours earlier was on the shelf and classed as fit for human consumption!

If your going to do that i'd try and see somebody on the nightshift and get them to box up a load for you. Then you could slip them a tenner and just pick it up. Save ye rackin the bins eh?.. :thumbs:

If your going to do that i'd try and see somebody on the nightshift and get them to box up a load for you. Then you could slip them a tenner and just pick it up. Save ye rackin the bins eh?.. :thumbs:

was thinking that mate :thumbs: if not f**k it,,,al get me hands dirty..

our lass works in iceland and all their skips are securier as a tramp tried 2 sue iceland for food poisioning after he said it was from their skips the food was from ,this was a few years ago now ,so i think most supermarkets will be clocking on 2 this and securier their skips