Tuning my AA S200

There's none so deaf as those who won't listen Buster... :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Trust your well mate , im sure your well settled now enjoying the new place ? Must admit i love it down there , as you know :thumbs:

We're good thanks mate, and all settled in. :good: Hope all's well with you? ;) Drop me a line if you're ever down this way again, I'll meet you somewhere for a swift half! :D:cheers::thumbs:

Sound here mate , i`ll take you up on that half , maybe down there this september :thumbs: atb pal .

• 11 months later...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont waste money on `Performance Parts ` use the originals . Air Arms have spent years and many thousands of pounds making sure their products run at their best with the parts they use . Why ruin a pe

10/10 for communications skills Toxo,if anyone can Buster can,and if he could he would but now he wont so you cant. Bill H Robinson

Basically TOXO, its like this, read the posting guidlines re: tuning for power, as you wont get a bean of information out of any of us on an open forum Just another typical new member who joins just

Posted Images

Why ruin a perfectly designed rifle with ` Heath Robinson ` ideas ?

I have to admit I don't know the answer to that one Buster. You'll have to tell us.

If it was aimed at me I have to wonder if you read the original problem at all. I certainly don't want to ruin my rifle. I've only just bought the thing and if it was putting out 11.5ftlb's instead of 9.4ftlb's I wouldn't have touched it. And where did Heath Robinson come from? We're talking about a spring that slightly stronger than the original for God's sake. And this from a man who earns a living selling AA spares because the originals are so good.

Could you be slightly more constructive please Buster? Thanks.

In fact , i wont waste my time as you obviously have more knowledge than me about this , which is why you have done the obvious things like insepct all seals , and check for leaks , check the rail and hammer , but hey , what do i know ................

Buster the feebleminded ....... :angel:

Ha ha ha thats you told Buster ! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Well done Toxo for alianating one of the blokes who could best answer your query.

He gave you an answer and you chose to take the hump, blink.gif

Fix it yersell !! lol laugh.giflaugh.gif

But he didnt answer it did he????????????????

• 6 years later...
On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2011 at 18:52, Malt said:

Guys, I believe all tuning talk is against the rules on THL .... :whistling:

Hi Malt, I'm afraid I'm one of those damn newbies, but forgive me for asking  ,as I live in Pembrokeshire please are you able to recommend a suitable gunsmith  within the area who could smooth out my a/a S200, I would be very grateful.

many thanks, mysteryjones 

20 hours ago, Mysteryjones said:

Hi Malt, I'm afraid I'm one of those damn newbies, but forgive me for asking  ,as I live in Pembrokeshire please are you able to recommend a suitable gunsmith  within the area who could smooth out my a/a S200, I would be very grateful.

many thanks, mysteryjones 

I haven't been into my guns for a good while to be honest mate. County sports in Haverfordwest would be the first place I'd try but only because its the only one I know about! :laugh: What part of gods county are you from? :)

On 21/02/2011 at 16:45, toxo said:

Hi all.

Been trying to tune my s200 which was woefully under powered. Have two "performance springs" one stronger than the other and both are stronger than the orginal. I've tried both the stronger ones and each time I've fiddled eith the exhaust port screw and I'm getting some weird results. When I fire the gun the ftlb's goes down too much. As an example the last session went like this.

Started with a new fill to 180bar

Fitted the strongest spring with the result of 16ish ftlb's. Within about six more shots \i was well below 11ftlb's.

I only want 11.5 but I can't start adjusting until I get a stable reading. I know I'm losing some pressure each time the gun is fired but not that much surely?

I'm thinking that maybe the strongest spring is using more air per shot and maybe I need to use the weakest that will get the job done. I'm thinking also that something might be leaking. What are your views guys?

Paul

WHY 11.5 ?

On 21/02/2011 at 16:45, toxo said:

Hi all.

Been trying to tune my s200 which was woefully under powered. Have two "performance springs" one stronger than the other and both are stronger than the orginal. I've tried both the stronger ones and each time I've fiddled eith the exhaust port screw and I'm getting some weird results. When I fire the gun the ftlb's goes down too much. As an example the last session went like this.

Started with a new fill to 180bar

Fitted the strongest spring with the result of 16ish ftlb's. Within about six more shots \i was well below 11ftlb's.

I only want 11.5 but I can't start adjusting until I get a stable reading. I know I'm losing some pressure each time the gun is fired but not that much surely?

I'm thinking that maybe the strongest spring is using more air per shot and maybe I need to use the weakest that will get the job done. I'm thinking also that something might be leaking. What are your views guys?

Paul

You answered your own question there

Just because you put a stronger spring in dose not mean more power

it can work against you in pcp or spring rifles .

As say,d AA have invested Millions into making there springs the best .

Not AA but my hw100 is sitting at 10 and a half ftlbs

iv not put it up as she is knocking rabbits over on peace

out to 40... 60 yrds

some times power dose not mean accuracy

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

fSrOWe7aTFK9o7OuquY3bg.thumb.jpg.2c5c0f9467c8be9f9a7ec2652686c274.jpg

P070513_02.12.jpg