Feeding Ferrets whole rabbits ?

It does depend on how many ferrets you have and what the weather is like .

Chucking a whole bun into a pen is fine if there are enough ferrets to finish it off quickly or the weather is cool ,but in hot weather or if you just have a single ferret it is better to only feed a portion at a time to avoid it going "off" or attracting flies. But a bit of everything -head,guts ,blood ,bone,flesh,organs etc-is a good natural diet .

It does depend on how many ferrets you have and what the weather is like .

Chucking a whole bun into a pen is fine if there are enough ferrets to finish it off quickly or the weather is cool ,but in hot weather or if you just have a single ferret it is better to only feed a portion at a time to avoid it going "off" or attracting flies. But a bit of everything -head,guts ,blood ,bone,flesh,organs etc-is a good natural diet .

With the amount of Tape worm cysts i've come across this season, i always open up the rabbits, remove intestines and stomach and give the rest to them, if i'm freezing the rabbits first, i take their jackets off, it's easier to defrost them that way.