The law on domestic and feral cats in your garden.

' timestamp='1298240612' post='1939112']

Alex the great hunter and rabbit killer.

Your comments do not sit well with all those dead rabbits at your feet while you look so happy and pleased with yourself.

Derek,

Unless it has escaped you rabbits are a pest species like yourself :tongue2:

It is perfectly legal and accepted to kill them unlike DOMESTIC CATS and Peregrines!

Alex

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For someone with a law degree,I find it hard to believe you didn't know it is a criminal offence to kill, shoot, injure, trap or poison a cat.However this being one of your better posts I will suggest

i also here harris hawks like a bit of cat as well

Dont think most people dislike cats.Its the owners we hate.Who wont take responseibilty for them.They seem to think they are above the law.:wankerzo4:

Posted Images

Tony,

I will continue to disagree or add to discussion as long as necessary you and others do as you like, not the subject here was Domestic cats not a pest species like foxes or bunnies etc. With that in mind a forum should keep it legal and be seen to keep it as such if I am wrong them tell me why? Surely this like other forums is where much of the information gleaned by antis comes from.

As far as surviving on a building site you make me laugh, I spent 26 years in the army and spent a shed load of time in some nasty places on tour which would turn most to tears, so please don't suggest crap like that, you have no idea of the person I am or what I may have been through pal!

At the end of the day it gets dark and we all have our opinions especially on each other! But the law is the law!

Alex

Tony,

I will continue to disagree or add to discussion as long as necessary you and others do as you like, not the subject here was Domestic cats not a pest species like foxes or bunnies etc. With that in mind a forum should keep it legal and be seen to keep it as such if I am wrong them tell me why? Surely this like other forums is where much of the information gleaned by antis comes from.

As far as surviving on a building site you make me laugh, I spent 26 years in the army and spent a shed load of time in some nasty places on tour which would turn most to tears, so please don't suggest crap like that, you have no idea of the person I am or what I may have been through pal!

At the end of the day it gets dark and we all have our opinions especially on each other! But the law is the law!

Alex

well there you go then Alex. you're now telling me you can take the banter! perhaps its time to prove it and show some support for other people opinions in the Hunting fraternity :yes: if not I have to ask why are you on here? and if the thread offends you that much why read it?

yis Jasp :snack:

Derek,

It is perfectly legal and accepted to kill them unlike DOMESTIC CATS and Peregrines!

Alex

You are a pest aswell with silly quotes like that, rabbits are deffinetly a pest species and so are Ferals and i will do my best to keep my garden safe from them, i want to put my bird on the lawn bowed without the worry of a feral sneaking over.

Easy as most folk think but not really, we can all take measures to make birds safe while housed in enclosures and weatherings BUT out on the lawn is a differant kettle of fish.

You childishly quote domestic cats, :icon_eek: but how do we know they are domestic until we have caught one after it has killed a thousand pound bird that should of been safe on our own propperty while the owner sits at home eating shite.

Wind your kneck in and keep quiet unless you have anything helpfull to say.

Tony,

Alex

well there you go then Alex. you're now telling me you can take the banter! perhaps its time to prove it and show some support for other people opinions in the Hunting fraternity :yes: if not I have to ask why are you on here? and if the thread offends you that much why read it?

Now am confused Alex seem to be Pal but he asked you not to call him PAL. This man is a strange one.

Tony banter is one thing and I can and will take it with the best; however my problem wasn't with the general content of the thread just a few of the comments which could easily be taken the other way whether smiley were added or not. I enjoy this forum more often than not but think this like a few other subjects need to be closely moderated as antis and the like will happily pounce on comments to add to their ammo against us. Only my opinion for what it counts for.

Now am confused Alex seem to be Pal but he asked you not to call him PAL. This man is a strange one.

Derek stop being a prat I am neither a bud or a pal to either of you, I think thats clear. I am not a strange one just someone who's honest and calls it as it is, like me or not couldn't really care. You might want to try some of that yourself.

Alex

Derek,

Alex

You are a pest aswell with silly quotes like that, rabbits are deffinetly a pest species and so are Ferals and i will do my best to keep my garden safe from them, i want to put my bird on the lawn bowed without the worry of a feral sneaking over.

Easy as most folk think but not really, we can all take measures to make birds safe while housed in enclosures and weatherings BUT out on the lawn is a differant kettle of fish.

You childishly quote domestic cats, :icon_eek: but how do we know they are domestic until we have caught one after it has killed a thousand pound bird that should of been safe on our own propperty while the owner sits at home eating shite.

OK what ever your name is, firstly the comment was a bit tongue in cheek, but there you go, and also now't to do with you so crawl back under whatever rock you slimed out from. The threads content was about domestic cats, not feral and the law sees them differently. Also if you can't place your birds out in your garden safely then its your own fault if they get killed not that of a cat whether its feral or not! Why not have an area thats fully protected by overhead netting that its predator proof to have your birds weathering in? I have an area 3m x 3m which is fully protected unless I leave a door open and if I do its my own fault for what happens, just the same as you leaving a bird unattended on lawn is your problem if a cat, fox or stray dog comes in and kills it!

Now why not try and take a dose of your own medicine and wind your neck in you plank! I think the statements I made were on the whole helpful, and as was said by Tony if you don't like it don't read it!

Derek,

Alex

OK what ever your name is, firstly the comment was a bit tongue in cheek, but there you go, and also now't to do with you so crawl back under whatever rock you slimed out from. The threads content was about domestic cats, not feral and the law sees them differently. Also if you can't place your birds out in your garden safely then its your own fault if they get killed not that of a cat whether its feral or not! Why not have an area thats fully protected by overhead netting that its predator proof to have your birds weathering in? I have an area 3m x 3m which is fully protected unless I leave a door open and if I do its my own fault for what happens, just the same as you leaving a bird unattended on lawn is your problem if a cat, fox or stray dog comes in and kills it!

Now why not try and take a dose of your own medicine and wind your neck in you plank! I think the statements I made were on the whole helpful, and as was said by Tony if you don't like it don't read it!

So please explain how feral cats and domestic cats are treated differently in terms of life expectancy in a person’s garden and indeed how you feel they should be treated.

Edited by DEREK CANNING LLB[HONS]

under english law cats are classed as property and the owner of that property has a duty of care for that property, cats only have rights whilst on there property so if this cat is disturbing you or frightening your birds send the owner of the cat/s a letter of intent that if they do not look after there property/cat and it is found on your property again it will be disposed of send this via registered post so you have a record of it then cage trap the cats and either hand them in to the local pound/rescue centre or humanly dispatch them you have given them warning so legally you are covered after all they have a duty of care for there property it up to them to exercise it .

Personally I think to trap the cat unharmed and take it to a cat rescue is proportional to the problem caused.

If this didn't work I would take it to a rescue in a different county on the second occasion.

I never get cats in the garden because my dogs deter them.

under english law cats are classed as property and the owner of that property has a duty of care for that property, cats only have rights whilst on there property so if this cat is disturbing you or frightening your birds send the owner of the cat/s a letter of intent that if they do not look after there property/cat and it is found on your property again it will be disposed of send this via registered post so you have a record of it then cage trap the cats and either hand them in to the local pound/rescue centre or humanly dispatch them you have given them warning so legally you are covered after all they have a duty of care for there property it up to them to exercise it .

Sound like common sense to me and breath of fresh air.

and also now't to do with you

It has got nothing to do with you either you clowns boot, but it does not stop you coming on here and spouting pure shite :blink: .

Are you some kind of complete idiot or has your village lost theirs? Of course it has something to with me I made the comment, now it seems yet again you who is spouting shite. So unless you have something to actually add to the discussion f uck off! and boil your brain if you actually have one sitting somewhere in the chasm where one should be.

Alex

where exactly have you taken this from or is it your worded explanation of an actual law?

Alex