The law on domestic and feral cats in your garden.

This thread is an absolute disgrace and anyone who advocates the illegal actions of trapping, snaring, poisoning etc on a pet cat whether its in your garden or not should be banned from here (posts 31 and 35 etc). The moderators within this forum who have viewed and ignored some of these posts are also a disgrace (Jasper for example). Derek you should know points of law seeing as you have spent some time being on one side or another of it.

If you don't have your garden ground predators proof then don't complain if a cat or otherwise gets in. If you lose a bird that way its your own fault and not that of a cat or fox that takes it. get a grip and stay within the law and get this thread locked and hidden before it does any lasting damage to hunting.

Alex

Edited by Alex Brown

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For someone with a law degree,I find it hard to believe you didn't know it is a criminal offence to kill, shoot, injure, trap or poison a cat.However this being one of your better posts I will suggest

i also here harris hawks like a bit of cat as well

Dont think most people dislike cats.Its the owners we hate.Who wont take responseibilty for them.They seem to think they are above the law.:wankerzo4:

Posted Images

This thread is an absolute disgrace and anyone who advocates the illegal actions of trapping, snaring, poisoning etc on a pet cat whether its in your garden or not should be banned from here. The moderators within this forum who have viewed and ignored some of these posts are also a disgrace. Derek you should know points of law seeing as you have spent some time being on one side or another of it.

If you don't have your garden ground predators then don't complain if a cat or otherwise gets in. If you lose a bird that way its your own fault and not that of a cat or fox that takes it. get a grip and stay within the law and get this thread locked and hidden before it does any lasting damage to hunting.

Alex

Sorry bud cant agree.if you saying a cat instinct is to kill a bird.Then then the same has to apply for a dogs to kill a cat.And a cat will rip open a cage to get to a bird.What we need is the law to treat dogs and cats equily.atb. Catcher.:thumbs:

This thread is an absolute disgrace and anyone who advocates the illegal actions of trapping, snaring, poisoning etc on a pet cat whether its in your garden or not should be banned from here. The moderators within this forum who have viewed and ignored some of these posts are also a disgrace. Derek you should know points of law seeing as you have spent some time being on one side or another of it.

If you don't have your garden ground predators then don't complain if a cat or otherwise gets in. If you lose a bird that way its your own fault and not that of a cat or fox that takes it. get a grip and stay within the law and get this thread locked and hidden before it does any lasting damage to hunting.

Alex

Sorry bud cant agree.if you saying a cat instinct is to kill a bird.Then then the same has to apply for a dogs to kill a cat.And a cat will rip open a cage to get to a bird.What we need is the law to treat dogs and cats equily.atb. Catcher.:thumbs:

Whether you agree or not, threads like this will only add to the anti's long list of reasons to stop what we do. Also until the law is changed threads like this will only give reasons to hold it as it is. The main point is that anyone who has birds in their garden HAS to take steps to ensure no predator can get to it, if you don't then don't complain if a cat or fox kills it! I remember reading somewhere that a guy had his Harris eaten by a suspected fox while it had been bowed out in his garden through the night! Amazing most said trap and kill all the foxes in the area, but a few sensible folks told the guy he was a complete K NOB for leaving his bird un-guarded through the night. So if your birds are adequately hoised or guarded then you should have no problems with cats, foxes or any other unwanted predator in your garden or mews

Simple as that..disagree or not. Its not rocket science.

Alex

This thread is an absolute disgrace and anyone who advocates the illegal actions of trapping, snaring, poisoning etc on a pet cat whether its in your garden or not should be banned from here (posts 31 and 35 etc). The moderators within this forum who have viewed and ignored some of these posts are also a disgrace (Jasper for example). Derek you should know points of law seeing as you have spent some time being on one side or another of it.

If you don't have your garden ground predators proof then don't complain if a cat or otherwise gets in. If you lose a bird that way its your own fault and not that of a cat or fox that takes it. get a grip and stay within the law and get this thread locked and hidden before it does any lasting damage to hunting.

Alex

Stop trying to make a name for yourself by being rightiouse old mate. this is a Hunting forum! its the wrong forum for that. no one on here has mentioned they have killed or harmed anyone's pet! as for feral cats its a different story and need controling.

now tell me as a Falconer quite how you would deal with the circumstances should any of your birds be taken off the bow by a cat and you was fortunate enough to catch the cat in the act?

advice is one thing! going out and doing it is another....

Jasper

Alex

Whether you agree or not, threads like this will only add to the anti's long list of reasons to stop what we do. Also until the law is changed threads like this will only give reasons to hold it as it is. The main point is that anyone who has birds in their garden HAS to take steps to ensure no predator can get to it, if you don't then don't complain if a cat or fox kills it! I remember reading somewhere that a guy had his Harris eaten by a suspected fox while it had been bowed out in his garden through the night! Amazing most said trap and kill all the foxes in the area, but a few sensible folks told the guy he was a complete K NOB for leaving his bird un-guarded through the night. So if your birds are adequately hoised or guarded then you should have no problems with cats, foxes or any other unwanted predator in your garden or mews

Alex

I thing if someone took legal action.They would win it comes under E U law.You have the right to the personal pirvacy of your own property.:thumbs:

Alex

Total Rubbish :doh: a cat doesn't neccessarily have to attack your bird to kill it. a cat on the top of a aviary can kill your bird through stress or the bird dieing from injuries crashing about in the aviary.

do your homework in the future pal :yes:.

Jasper

Stop trying to make a name for yourself by being rightiouse old mate. this is a Hunting forum! its the wrong forum for that. no one on here has mentioned they have killed or harmed anyone's pet! as for feral cats its a different story and need controling.

now tell me as a Falconer quite how you would deal with the circumstances should any of your birds be taken off the bow by a cat and you was fortunate enough to catch the cat in the act?

advice is one thing! going out and doing it is another....

Jasper

Tony,

Not trying to make a name or be self righteous, this may be a hunting forum but there are laws we all must abide by and this thread was not about feral cats in particular. How I would deal with a cat in the wrong place is one thing but placing advice like poison mixed with Tuna or practicing snaring in the garden etc is not what is needed to be seen in a public place. Now if you being a moderator on here makes you above reproach for allowing this then so be it, however when someone quotes this thread and this forum as reason for doing so I am sure you wont feel so self righteous about allowing this to be seen publicly.

It's clear you actively support certain people and their threads and now clear you actively support the publication in a public place of illegal advice, not the best thing for a moderator to be doing, don't you think.

Not trying to make a name or be self righteous, this may be a hunting forum but there are laws we all must abide by and this thread was not about feral cats in particular. How I would deal with a cat in the wrong place is one thing but placing advice like poison mixed with Tuna or practicing snaring in the garden etc is not what is needed to be seen in a public place. Now if you being a moderator on here makes you above reproach for allowing this then so be it, however when someone quotes this thread and this forum as reason for doing so I am sure you wont feel so self righteous about allowing this to be seen publicly.

It's clear you actively support certain people and their threads and now clear you actively support the publication in a public place of illegal advice, not the best thing for a moderator to be doing, don't you think.

You really need to get out more pal and do some homework. read through it again and take the big moral hat off for 5 mins and show me a post where someone has has broken the law? there is a difference between Banter and going out and doing it for real!! most of the posts are nothing more than tongue in cheek man. you also didn't answer my question or replied to my previouse post :hmm:.

Yis Jasp

Alex

The thread addresses a serious issue that could be important to use all however a bit of banter is also welcome.

I do not suggest harming cats but I do suggest cat owners keeping their cats in the house like I did when I had cat.

If a fox killed my bird as has occurred before I acted to prevent it reoccurring but a cat is manmade threat that can be negated by the owner keeping his cat in the house.

Some people are just having a bit of a laugh on this thread which acts to make the thread more entertaining. I know you want to be negative, it goes with the territory of being that lying Scottish ex corrupt policeman friends but do not take it out on the people having their say or having a laugh.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAD A MASS OF FERAL CATS MAKING YOUR LIFE HELL? FEED THEM SOME CAT FOOD, YES MAYBE.

Edited by DEREK CANNING LLB[HONS]

Tin of tuna with rat poison mixed in..... :laugh:

Post 31, is this legal??

As far as your question, how would I deal with it, will tell you if it ever happens but I doubt it would or will. But if it did I wouldn't publish it on a forum for a start.

Alex

the guy was jesting alex! thats the point of the smiley face :laugh:.

thats fair point how you would deal with it but this was the the reply I gave to one of your posts which I thought you would have answered :hmm:.

Jasp

Alex

Total Rubbish :doh: a cat doesn't neccessarily have to attack your bird to kill it. a cat on the top of a aviary can kill your bird through stress or the bird dieing from injuries crashing about in the aviary.

Jasper

The thread addresses a serious issue that could be important to use all however a bit of banter is also welcome.

I do not suggest harming cats but I do suggest cat owners keeping their cats in the house like I did when I had cat.

If a fox killed my bird as has occurred before I acted to prevent it reoccurring but a cat is manmade threat that can be negated by the owner keeping his cat in the house.

Some people are just having a bit of a laugh on this thread which acts to make the thread more entertaining. I know you want to be negative, it goes with the territory of being that lying Scottish ex corrupt policeman friends but do not take it out on the people having their say or having a laugh.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAD A MASS OF FERAL CATS MAKING YOUR LIFE HELL? FEED THEM SOME CAT FOOD, YES MAYBE.

Derek the thread does not cover a serious issue unless you keep your birds incorrectly, if you leave birds unattended in the garden then its your fault they are killed just the same as if you leave unwatched on a raptor post, high perch etc. A cat wont be able to tear it way through a well made mews or aviary and neither will a fox.

Why should all cats be house cats?? to prevent idiots loosing their birds through their own carelessness??

If I had a major problem with feral cats I would deal with it through local authority or pest control, not by illegal methods and I certainly wouldn't feed em, would you? unless it was to hide any more minced birds I suppose you would.

Ss far as a corrupt lying Scottish policeman as you put it, want to name the man directly your accusing? as your the only one who was in jail and has a tarnished name not him!

Alex

Alex

Jasper

Right what would you do if you had a cat proof breeding chamber but the cat kept sitting on the roof scaring your birds and you did not have second world war I mean breeding chamber like Hallbeck with bomb a proof roof with 20 ton lorry on.