The law on domestic and feral cats in your garden.

' timestamp='1298130698' post='1936471']

I have a cat that keeps coming in my garden and I told the owner to stop the cat coming in my garden as I have birds on the lawn. The owner said that he could not stop his cat going into my garden. I said that I could not tolerate a cat in my garden. When I asked the police to help I was told it was nothing to do with them unless I harmed the cat even if I was protecting my birds. I said if my dog went into the person's garden and killed the cat I would be liable for an out of control dog yet if a cat comes into my garden I cannot react to protect my birds.

I have had to net the whole of my garden to protect my birds from a cat that the owners just lets out all night.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and what was the outcome?

Pease no comments on hurting cats as the Authorities read this Forum, I want to know people's experiences and to act lawfully.

http://falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104236&page=9

Tin of tuna with rat poison mixed in..... :laugh:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For someone with a law degree,I find it hard to believe you didn't know it is a criminal offence to kill, shoot, injure, trap or poison a cat.However this being one of your better posts I will suggest

i also here harris hawks like a bit of cat as well

Dont think most people dislike cats.Its the owners we hate.Who wont take responseibilty for them.They seem to think they are above the law.:wankerzo4:

Posted Images

' timestamp='1298156390' post='1937446']

Here you go!! this site should keep you all occupied for a while.

a few games involving Cats ;)

Cat haters of the world

You have got the same foot wear as me.

Sorry i have not been available but my lady friend has been realy poorely for a while, :cry:

If the cat is feral WHICH it sounds to be you are well within your rights to dispose of it if it is causing problems with your livestock.

Trap it and take it to the local cat centre they will deal with it.

I had similar problems around my way but after four occourences with my dog's the cat problem seemed to subside.. :whistling: .

I am glad it subsided, it must have been the weather, cats do not like the weather you know.

' timestamp='1298130698' post='1936471']

I have a cat that keeps coming in my garden and I told the owner to stop the cat coming in my garden as I have birds on the lawn. The owner said that he could not stop his cat going into my garden. I said that I could not tolerate a cat in my garden. When I asked the police to help I was told it was nothing to do with them unless I harmed the cat even if I was protecting my birds. I said if my dog went into the person's garden and killed the cat I would be liable for an out of control dog yet if a cat comes into my garden I cannot react to protect my birds.

I have had to net the whole of my garden to protect my birds from a cat that the owners just lets out all night.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and what was the outcome?

Pease no comments on hurting cats as the Authorities read this Forum, I want to know people's experiences and to act lawfully.

http://falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104236&page=9

Tin of tuna with rat poison mixed in..... :thumbs:

Well I suppose if I left rat poison out I would have to be very, very, very and even more very careful that the cat could not reach it.

why not practice your snareing around your gaden for the next time your out . place then around the as if you are on permission. with say a little bit of tuna around then and hay presto problem sorted not only have you learnt the perfect snare but also seen what it can do. it wasnt your folt it came in the garden when you was in bed or out maybe you just forgot to bring that one in that day . but dont forget if you do get it always return it to its owned as you can be arrested for putting cats in bins that alive or dead

Yes remember the sweet old woman and the wheelie bin.

i have big problems with cats in my area.

pet cats breeding so much that most a feral now.

if i have my bird weathering and i have to go out i leave 2 of my lurchers out in the garden with the bird and they have got a few the last few years and even the ones they dont catch they give them a good fright.

even now cats will come into the garden,tear the rubbish outa my bin.they really are sneaky feckers.

but imo the best thing to keep cats away from your birds is a dog or 2

' timestamp='1298173618' post='1937611']

im sure it could be adapted lol

I think you have something there and as for that arse I am seeing double now.

just aim it at there back window. with a dead black bird as bate and when it comes flying through the window with a dead bird they will just think it ran and jumped to catch the bird and came through the window. and they will be getting rid if it keeps doing it :icon_eek:

or get a live trap catch it and hose it down with water for 10 min then let it go and all guarantee you will not see it again.

Edited by hullhunter
' timestamp='1298227444' post='1938549']

Dont think most people dislike cats.Its the owners we hate.Who wont take responseibilty for them.They seem to think they are above the law.:wankerzo4:

Yes that is right it is the owner's fault?

Keep your cat in at night.Let some of us get a bit of peace and quite.We have to do it with or dogs.Or i could let them out to shit all over your garden.:thumbs: Only making a little point bud.:thumbs:

Jasper , i had alot of trouble with cats when i kept british birds. Ifthe cat likes your birds then why not let it try its luck with an eagle owl. :thumbs:

I had a few problems with them a couple of houses back JD! not so much setting about the birds but walking along the aviaries and sitting on the fence. back then I had a breeding pair of Redtails with a beam running across the roof mesh. one day the wife was watching from behind the net cutain in the bedroom and saw a Ginger and white tabby jump up onto the corner of the aviary and walk across the beam to the other side, it got about halfway across and the Redtail female punched her foot through the chainlink and grabbed the cat from underneath, the missus reckons it had hold of it for a while before the cat spun round and made its escape! when I came home there was still fur floating about everywhere :whistling:, thats one sore Pussy.. one thing the wifes not had for a long while.... :laugh:.

Jasp

when we first moved to this house had no end of problems with cats in the garden the neighbours are cat mad. they soon stopped coming into the garden and sitting next to the aviary staring at my canaries when the dogs shook a few ( i hate the damn things) and yes some of them honestly were feral the bloke up the lane has still got a few feral ones round the house now.

stop messing about and just deal with it is my advice and regarding dogs killing cats the law carnt do feck all its up to them to prove you intended to do it i know from experience when my mates greyhound killed one in a street after chasing it of some fields whilst rabbiting.