set snares

i set my snares up yesterday and went to check them today around 3ish but no luck so i left them i set one out but either the farmer took the rabbit out or got out of it somehow beacuse there was fur around the snare but the snare was reset for another catch :censored: but i only set them out on fences but im going to get some pegs and set them out in the field tommorow

wish me luck :victory::drink:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Sounds like ye'll need more than luck, mate! Any rabbit that can foul catch itself, or be taken by a fox and then reset the wire is going to be one bright boo boo!

Ye got permission to be on that land? Someone's taking the piss somewhere along the line there :whistle:

Someone with sticky fingers has been around matey... at least they had the decency to not nick your wires and even re-set them.

You should really check them as early as possible mate if left overnight ie. first thing in the morning and i believe this is a legal requirement as well as a moral responsibility... I'm not jumping on a soap box here but it is important to know. The longer ther are there in daylight also increases the time that any catch (and equipment) can be made away with by light-fingered sods / fox's / badgers or be fecked up by carrion.

Good stuff :victory: i need the thing on my patch to get humping to get the population up. :D

Guest foxtrack
Sounds like ye'll need more than luck, mate! Any rabbit that can foul catch itself, or be taken by a fox and then reset the wire is going to be one bright boo boo!

Ye got permission to be on that land? Someone's taking the piss somewhere along the line there :whistle:

talk about taking the piss i found a rack of lamb ribs once in one of my fox snares it still had the tesco tag on it

Guest foxtrack

talk about taking the piss i found a rack of lamb ribs once in one of my fox snares it still had the tesco tag on it

Some nut case once left a teddy bear in one of my fox wires years ago - what was all that about ??? :blink:

OTC

i know mate does your head in also had a toy baszil brush in mine once im sure they watched me check my snares must have been pissing them selves twats

no its just an emtpy field thats been left theres nothing on it just a few bunnies :) i set some tonight so ill check em tommorow now let you know how i get on :drink:

Edited by snedy654

no its just an emtpy field thats been left theres nothing on it just a few bunnies :) i set some tonight so ill check em tommorow now let you know how i get on :drink:

your supposed to check your snares at first light , not at three in the afternoon . snareman