New International Lurcher Events

albert.how much is it to enter a class in the show on sunday.i dont race at shows with the curs i have theres no point but i like to enter a few classes for the hell of it

Kegs.

The club have set it at €5 and made the concession of effectively free racing on Saturday and I have matched this with the two day offer.

I am afraid thats it for 2011.

Albertj

thanks for the answer albert im not out hunting you or anything,some of the suggestions are a bit mad on here like but what do ya do,though would it not of made more sense for you and everyone to keep the two days seperate as youd of done better and took less flak ie saturday 3 euro per dog to race half to be split as prize half to the organizer, sunday 3 euro per dog per class usual prizes,everyone happy.im not tellin you how to do your job as you have been at it a while just tryin to help.anyone cryin about you makin money are foolin themselves as we know youve to make a profit but prizes we all know are mostly sponsered and thats great its just a law of averages you wont have half the folk racing than you have showing so in effect the club will do better on sunday at those prices than any one day show in the country.this is meant to help so good luck with your event and i might see you on the sunday kegs.

Kegs,

Thanks for a reasonable post. Unfortunately most of the prizes now ARE NOT sponsored or sponsorship is part of a 'trade off' eg I got a £1,000 sponsorship for the Shanes Castle Fair - in exchange the co got a stand, their tent paid for an an advert in the magazine plus other publicity - net margin c £2-300 or about the cost of their stand in the first place!

Overall I think the two day package is a very fair deal but I do appreciate that it doesn't help guys showing only on Sunday. If you get there on Sunday give me a shout and I'll stand you your lunch which will cover a couple of classes for you.

Albertj

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You really do appear to have a rather odd 'chip on your shoulder' about something. I should have thought most lurcher owners would have welcomed fresh innovative competitions instead of inaccurate and

First of all, I'd like to apologise for taking this thread slightly off topic! but I feel I have to respond when the "Five Nations International Working Terrier Championship" has been mentioned! it wa

I can't understand all this craic about entrty fee's, to the fair, and to enter your Lurcher or Terrier to the show; I'd of thought it was dead simple.... if you don't like it.... don't go !! If the m

Albert these concessions you keep harping on about :whistling: be honest they're carrots hoping you'll entice more people through the gate :thumbs:

IF you dont have the stands or the lurcher and terrier shows how would that affect the gate? :hmm: FACT is people go to shows to see the stands and lurchers and terriers :thumbs: and you charge the stand holders and lurcher and terrier people the same as the public who come to see them :thumbs: they are after all the attraction of the show

Y.I.S Leeview

Lee,

I do believe in being courteous and answering people's posts but your posts veer off in so many inconsistent directions that it is hard to keep up with them. I don't mind criticism but I can't always follow your logic. If we didn't have stands of course we wouldn't have a show - it is an equal truism that if the stands didn't do well at our events they would not come back. Our exhibitors are very happy with our shows as we give them a very fair deal and they know that no-one goes the extra mile for publicity and on our publicity and advertising spend than we do.

In general the public DO NOT come to the show to see the terrier & lurchers - how do we know - we ask them in our market research. Many shows have dropped terrier & lurchers and it has done them no harm whatsover.

We know they do come to see the shooting, gundogs and fishing and their organisers and competitors are delighted at how we treat them AND both gundog and clay entry fees are TWICE that of the T &L. And clay shooters get NO concessions! If we put the money that we put into the terriers and lurchers last year into the clays we would get an additional return and no hassle and we would not take up important potential car parking space.

The reason why T&L are at our shows is down to me personally as I feel that ALL countrysports should be represented at our fairs. I also feel they should not be hidden away in a corner or outside the main fair AND I answered challenges on this forum to increase the prize fund to equivalent to that for the other sports. I also addressed giving T & L owners additional conessions this year. I can do no more. My colleagues have allowed me to make this investment but would probably think we would get a better return without hassle elsewhere - I am beginning to concur with them!

Now a question for you - do you see anglers, shooters, dog show, dog agility, equestrian, stickmakers, gundog competitors etc on any of the forums complaining about fees etc at our fairs?

Albertj

• Like 1

albert.how much is it to enter a class in the show on sunday.i dont race at shows with the curs i have theres no point but i like to enter a few classes for the hell of it

Kegs.

The club have set it at €5 and made the concession of effectively free racing on Saturday and I have matched this with the two day offer.

Albertj

thanks for the answer albert im not out hunting you or anything,some of the suggestions are a bit mad on here like but what do ya do,though would it not of made more sense for you and everyone to keep the two days seperate as youd of done better and took less flak ie saturday 3 euro per dog to race half to be split as prize half to the organizer, sunday 3 euro per dog per class usual prizes,everyone happy.im not tellin you how to do your job as you have been at it a while just tryin to help.anyone cryin about you makin money are foolin themselves as we know youve to make a profit but prizes we all know are mostly sponsered and thats great its just a law of averages you wont have half the folk racing than you have showing so in effect the club will do better on sunday at those prices than any one day show in the country.this is meant to help so good luck with your event and i might see you on the sunday kegs.

Kegs,

Thanks for a reasonable post. Unfortunately most of the prizes now ARE NOT sponsored or sponsorship is part of a 'trade off' eg I got a £1,000 sponsorship for the Shanes Castle Fair - in exchange the co got a stand, their tent paid for an an advert in the magazine plus other publicity - net margin c £2-300 or about the cost of their stand in the first place!

Overall I think the two day package is a very fair deal but I do appreciate that it doesn't help guys showing only on Sunday. If you get there on Sunday give me a shout and I'll stand you your lunch which will cover a couple of classes for you.

Albertj

fair enough albert we might see each other at a few before that,me and dee and a few are goin to a few for the craic this year so far johnnys in kilkenny,the mourne show and shanes castle,are you for that mourne show its a qualifier for you,we went last year and had a great day also had a good day at tullylish.ill tell you what ill stand you a pint when we meet yours in sport kegs,ps deemac01 wont give you any hassle as he says anyone takes the stick you do cant be a bad lad really :laugh:

Kegs.

Albertj

Kegs,

Albertj

fair enough albert we might see each other at a few before that,me and dee and a few are goin to a few for the craic this year so far johnnys in kilkenny,the mourne show and shanes castle,are you for that mourne show its a qualifier for you,we went last year and had a great day also had a good day at tullylish.ill tell you what ill stand you a pint when we meet yours in sport kegs,ps deemac01 wont give you any hassle as he says anyone takes the stick you do cant be a bad lad really :laugh:

Kegs,

I hope to get to the Mourne Show but unfortunately can't make Johnny Dickers as we have Ballywalter that day. As you can guess I don't mind 'the stick' or an argument (well my wife says I do love an argument!) and I don't hold grudges especially against people who have an honest opininion which they will give you to your face.

Look forward to meeting you and some of the other 'critics' at Mourne.

Albert

hi albert im back again for god sake just put the entrance fee for dogs in the ring three euro and reap the profits otherwise people wont enter there dogs.i cant be arse winding you up this year facts are you or shamus erwin were not at any of the show down south last year.i might be in voled in running a show myself this will you and shamus surport us or will you sponsor us on the day

Now a question for you - do you see anglers, shooters, dog show, dog agility, equestrian, stickmakers, gundog competitors etc on any of the forums complaining about fees etc at our fairs?

Albertj

I dont see any complaints from sea anglers,shooters,dog show,dog agility,equestrian,stickmakers,gundog competitors etc complaining about fees at your fairs due to not going on sites that they frequent :thumbs: but do see terrier and lurcher owners complaining on sites I go on about your fairs :thumbs:

As for going of on tangents what happened to the carrot? :whistling:

Y.I.S Leeview

hi albert im back again for god sake just put the entrance fee for dogs in the ring three euro and reap the profits otherwise people wont enter there dogs.i cant be arse winding you up this year facts are you or shamus erwin were not at any of the show down south last year.i might be in voled in running a show myself this will you and shamus surport us or will you sponsor us on the day

Fionn,

I would be disappointed if I didn't hear from you! I really do hope we get a chance to meet some time.

I am not involved in terrier & lurchers myself and rarely have a free Saturday to look at other sports - hence I do not go to terrier & lurcher shows anywhere. If I do have a free Saturday this year I am going to run my bitch in gundog tests and I do hope to take in Mourne as it is near to me.

If you are running a show it is unlikely that I would get to it unless I was in the south - I do go down every month so I might hit lucky.

BUT I have never refused any organisation sponsorship yet - There's not a lot left in the kitty this year as we have had to support our own prize fund extensively as sponsorship in general this year is difficult. But let me know when you're running and I will put some form of package together for you.

AlbertJ

Fionn,

I would be disappointed if I didn't hear from you! I really do hope we get a chance to meet some time.

I am not involved in terrier & lurchers myself and rarely have a free Saturday to look at other sports - hence I do not go to terrier & lurcher shows anywhere. If I do have a free Saturday this year I am going to run my bitch in gundog tests and I do hope to take in Mourne as it is near to me.

If you are running a show it is unlikely that I would get to it unless I was in the south - I do go down every month so I might hit lucky.

BUT I have never refused any organisation sponsorship yet - There's not a lot left in the kitty this year as we have had to support our own prize fund extensively as sponsorship in general this year is difficult. But let me know when you're running and I will put some form of package together for you.

AlbertJ

albert you mention clay shooting ..the gun dogs etc as being very popular . i was just wondering is it cheaper to shoot the clays if you pay english pounds or is it dearer for the irish gun dog team because they pay in euro . i look forward to answer a simple yes or no will do ...just hunt

Fionn,

AlbertJ

albert you mention clay shooting ..the gun dogs etc as being very popular . i was just wondering is it cheaper to shoot the clays if you pay english pounds or is it dearer for the irish gun dog team because they pay in euro . i look forward to answer a simple yes or no will do ...just hunt

Just Hunt,

The entry fees for all our competitions at our fair in Birr will be the same whether you pay in pounds or euro what exchange rate is given for pounds is at the discretion of the club running the event. As you are aware I have published the concession we are offering to terrier & lurcher owners ( and the entry fees) and what is certain is that the person going ro the fair to shoot two days will pay much more that the terrier or lurcher owner who runs their dog one day and shows the next.

I have made it clear on this thread what the prizes are and what the concessions/entry fees are and I think that is me finished answering questions on either topic.

AlbertJ

Fionn,

AlbertJ

Just Hunt,

The entry fees for all our competitions at our fair in Birr will be the same whether you pay in pounds or euro what exchange rate is given for pounds is at the discretion of the club running the event. As you are aware I have published the concession we are offering to terrier & lurcher owners ( and the entry fees) and what is certain is that the person going ro the fair to shoot two days will pay much more that the terrier or lurcher owner who runs their dog one day and shows the next.

I have made it clear on this thread what the prizes are and what the concessions/entry fees are and I think that is me finished answering questions on either topic.

AlbertJ

so albrt your not going to answer any more questions on either topic well i wont ask you any so all i will say is ...how dare you and your clubs come to my country and try and rip us off with your double standards . i hope the terrier and lurcher men of eire treat the show with contempt it deserves ....your a very arrogant man . now i am finished on this topic ......for a while

Kegs.

Albertj

Kegs,

Albertj

Kegs,

I hope to get to the Mourne Show but unfortunately can't make Johnny Dickers as we have Ballywalter that day. As you can guess I don't mind 'the stick' or an argument (well my wife says I do love an argument!) and I don't hold grudges especially against people who have an honest opininion which they will give you to your face.

Look forward to meeting you and some of the other 'critics' at Mourne.

Albert

looking forward to seeing you all at the mourne show on the 15th may,well done albert this race event should be good :toast:

Fionn,

AlbertJ

Just Hunt,

AlbertJ

so albrt your not going to answer any more questions on either topic well i wont ask you any so all i will say is ...how dare you and your clubs come to my country and try and rip us off with your double standards . i hope the terrier and lurcher men of eire treat the show with contempt it deserves ....your a very arrogant man . now i am finished on this topic ......for a while

There was me thinking there were no political or religious divisions between country sports people on this island!

There are no double standards at our fairs and I was not being arrogant. I simply am fed up going over the same old ground when I quite clearly posted the costs and concessions that were on offer this year. I made it quite clear that this year at BIRR all terrier & lurcher show classses wil be posted as being €5. If someone offers a sterling equivalent it is up to the club be it a clay club or gundog club based in the ROI, a stand holder or the terrier & lurcher club to set the exchange rate. NO one is ripping anyone off and certainly not in a sectarian or political fashion that you imply. Furthermore as I have stressed time and time again I do not set the entry fees the club organising the events do. I asked them to join with me in putting forward a concession - they have done this and I have more than matched it. If I am favouring anyone on this island it is the southern terrier & lurcher people in terms of admission to the ROI show.

I have tried to be civil on this forum and answer even quite intrusive questions because I believe if someone asks me a question they deserve an answer but I am going to stray a little from that because I am afraid I do not like your 'them and us' rant. Our shows and events have always been open to all - they and I and my fellow directors are totally non sectarian, non political or non territorial and our directorial team who run Birr are two ROI and Two NI resident on the island of Ireland. Are you seriously accusing our two ROI directors of anti ROI activity? The workers on site are also a good mix of Southernors and Northerners - just as it should be. I abhor discrimination of all types and have fought many cases in the tribunal ( on a voluntary basis) on behalf of people who have been discriminated against. But I have absolutely no time for people who whinge against perceived discrimination or who make silly allegations of discrimination where none exists.

I am proud to HELP run all Ireland fairs including setting up All Ireland Championships with rotating finals which actually encourage sportsmen to travel and interact on an all Ireland basis. I am also proud to publish an all Ireland magazine and to work with virtually all the major countrysports organisations on this island North and South of the border. Ask the Director of the NARGC or the Directors of FISSTA or the Director of the Woodcock Association or any of the ROI clubs or associations I have assisted or worked with over the years whether it was likely that I would discriminate against anyone in the ROI or apply double standards.

You, on the other hand, appear to wish to put up sectarian, political or terriorial barriers and I trust all Irish sportmen from wherever they live on the island of Ireland will deplore your rather apparently naked attempt to bring politics into our sports. You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

Albertj

Edited by AlbertJ

It comes across to me that quite a few people have issues not so much with Albertj but with the Mid Antrim Working Terrier and Lurcher Club and the prices they are charging. Maybe a representative from the club itself ought to come on and defend the prices they are charging.

Fionn,

AlbertJ

we meet this year albert i didnt get to birr last year even with the free passes hope your package is in stirling lol i think your taking too much agro over the mid antrim club i.e shamus erwin.let him defend himself i think the rest of the show is a good day out and terriermen lurchermen rescent giving mid antrim there money as they dont surport any other shows plus 5 euro is too much.this has been going on for years shamus is the mid antrim terrier club,whats going to happen albert is someone will come on here looking for all terrier and lurchermen to bycott your show its only a matter of time nobody want that to happen ps maybe mid antrim might sponser us aswell Edited by fionn

Fionn,

AlbertJ

we meet this year albert i didnt get to birr last year even with the free passes hope your package is in stirling lol i think your taking too much agro over the mid antrim club i.e shamus erwin.let him defend himself i think the rest of the show is a good day out and terriermen lurchermen rescent giving mid antrim there money as they dont surport any other shows plus 5 euro is too much.this has been going on for years shamus is the mid antrim terrier club,whats going to happen albert is someone will come on here looking for all terrier and lurchermen to bycott your show its only a matter of time nobody want that to happen ps maybe mid antrim might sponser us aswell