pre-ban deer

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

beddy x whippet

every single deer is far from the same saying all roe are fast is like saying all black people are as fast as usain bolt lol! Old or weak deer will obviously be alot slower than deer in prime conditio

who the feck wants to put pics up on deer and dogs its adistant memory for some and best left close to th eheart who wants to educate the unwashed or police sspca rspca etc youse are twats

Posted Images

I'd love to see ANYONES lurcher take one of these single handed, anyone who reckons they could is just being foolish................ :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbG5afO68y8

Yep it is possible for a single dog to take 1 of these , not my dog but the sire to my b1tch was deer/grey x saluki/grey 30 1/2 " tts and i watched him do it a few years ago :whistling: the stag followed the hinds and was pulled with great style if he had stood for the dog he would have smashed him up without doubt but once they run half the battle is won , he was held for a good 20 secs before another dog was slipped to help , not an easy task by any standard but very true

I'd love to see ANYONES lurcher take one of these single handed, anyone who reckons they could is just being foolish................ :blink:

Yep it is possible for a single dog to take 1 of these , not my dog but the sire to my b1tch was deer/grey x saluki/grey 30 1/2 " tts and i watched him do it a few years ago :whistling: the stag followed the hinds and was pulled with great style if he had stood for the dog he would have smashed him up without doubt but once they run half the battle is won , he was held for a good 20 secs before another dog was slipped to help , not an easy task by any standard but very true

So the dog basically held him for 20 second before another dog helped? Not exactly taken single handed though is it? Must have been some dog anyhow mate :thumbs:

How do you put photos up on here, do you need a photobucket account or can you put them straight up from your computer?

Show them Baw, get those great photos out.

:thumbs:

PMSL, I know the photos you want up lol.... you saucy git!!!

Fair play to that dog, but holding a stag for twenty seconds doesn't constitute taking it single handed in my book. Also, what size the stag, you say the battles half won when they run, I've seen game dogs try and stop a full grown stag on the move and guess what, they all failed. I'd actually go the other way, I would think a stag standing immobile might have more likliehood of being brought down (if at all possible) than trying to stop twenty plus stone in full flight. To be honest though I don't think either are possible.

• Like 1

Fair play to that dog, but holding a stag for twenty seconds doesn't constitute taking it single handed in my book. Also, what size the stag, you say the battles half won when they run, I've seen game dogs try and stop a full grown stag on the move and guess what, they all failed. I'd actually go the other way, I would think a stag standing immobile might have more likliehood of being brought down (if at all possible) than trying to stop twenty plus stone in full flight. To be honest though I don't think either are possible.

:thumbs:

No Mate not you what ryeuken said! Im using my phone so cant see or put clips up but when im near a computer ill put the clip up im on about to show you! If they can do that damage to each other at the same weight then they could destroy a dog 1/4 of their size!!

it wasnt aimed at you mate :thumbs:

I dont know anything about Red stags, but some 25 yrs ago, I had my 3 quarter grey, quarter saluki. Big 29 inch, strong dog and very fast and very experienced. He had always held every stag single handed. I pulled up at a gate, opened it, flashed light up. Long thin field that run alongside the road and backed onto the forest. 60 foot in front of me was a herd of around 20 plus Sika hoping over the fence. Immediatly I noticed a large stag trotting in front of the does, nudging them to get over the fence, I watched this stag for around 5 secs. The dogs slip was tight, and he was ready. The stag turned and trotted towards me head up high, I must admit, I shit myself for a second. He stopped about 30 foot away, for a split second. then snorted, stamped his front foot and turned and run to the open away from the does and the fence. He was very big and very black. I sliped the dog, 5 secs and the dogs got him down, I started to run towards them, light still on. The deer got straight back up. It ran for another 3 secs and flop, down again, and again. Stag got up again and lept the fence. To be honest I was glad he got away, I was own my own with just a pen knife. And banned from driving. the mad things you do when your young. I remember it like it was yesterday. That was one big stag. The only one that got away. The biggest sika stag Ive ever seen in my life. Not saying it was Red deer size, but it was a huge Sika. Also my dog was something special. But no chance on one of those highland Reds. :icon_eek: If I had my bitch with me as well, it would of been one dead stag. Thats if the blunt penknife would of done the job. :blink:

I have little doubt the dog would have held it by himself but it wasnt my dog or my call to slip the next dog , we was about 30 yrds away when the second dog was slipped ands the knife was in a few seconds later , this was an average fully grown stag , i have seen 3 dogs fail to do what this dog done on the day and by no means think its an everyday occcurence, by the way the owner of the dog says he wasnt deerhound x he was staghound x and there is some difference.