pre-ban deer

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

beddy x whippet

every single deer is far from the same saying all roe are fast is like saying all black people are as fast as usain bolt lol! Old or weak deer will obviously be alot slower than deer in prime conditio

who the feck wants to put pics up on deer and dogs its adistant memory for some and best left close to th eheart who wants to educate the unwashed or police sspca rspca etc youse are twats

Posted Images

me and a pal used to run my colliy/grey..deerhound/grey and his sal/grey..grey/sal/bull on roe in cumbria they worked well together and single but often got their deer in the fences. we did take red a couple of times up patterdale way that was errm fun?! their a big big deer, i have to drag the feckes

its the fight in the dog not the dog in the fight ive seen all shapes and sizes bring down good roe

no i said all shapes and sizes

you say "any shape or size" surely the dog needs to have speed. Just to get a long side one of our fastest deer in the country.?

no i said all shapes and sizes and well done for knowing that a dog needs speed to catch a deer ffs

Edited by kevin from bristol
  • Like 1

most of us know about the new introduced species , like muntys, chinkys and these peirre david,,, but are there any other types, that have broke out of private collections and are now breeding ???

wallabys..... :thumbs: prairie dogs. :thumbs:

( I don't think that the pere D's are breeding in the wild....) But i will stand corrected :thumbs:

Are the wallabys breeding? Saw a cutting were a few had been spotted not to far away.. I know they are out in the countryside on the isle of man..

And how many different hybrids are actually out there do you think. What are crossing with what?

its the fight in the dog not the dog in the fight ive seen all shapes and sizes bring down good roe

no i said all shapes and sizes

you say "any shape or size" surely the dog needs to have speed. Just to get a long side one of our fastest deer in the country.?

no i said all shapes and sizes and well done for knowing that a dog needs speed to catch a deer ffs

sorry matey, I just meant, surely not all shapes and sizes. ie, a fat boxer. Anyway, no worries. :thumbs:

most of us know about the new introduced species , like muntys, chinkys and these peirre david,,, but are there any other types, that have broke out of private collections and are now breeding ???

wallabys..... :thumbs: prairie dogs. :thumbs:

( I don't think that the pere D's are breeding in the wild....) But i will stand corrected :thumbs:

Are the wallabys breeding? Saw a cutting were a few had been spotted not to far away.. I know they are out in the countryside on the isle of man..

And how many different hybrids are actually out there do you think. What are crossing with what?

wallabys were breeding in derbyshire a few year back,, but im led to belive they died out cos of a bad winter.

there are some on an island in lock lomond.... i think theres some down south somewhere. funny they died out cos in the bottom of victoria its cold in winter, and i think they can survive high up in the mountians.

i was at a wildlife park a couple o months back and they were evrywhere, and there was no proper gate , so i imagin there must be some in that local area.

intresting stuff about none natives theres even scorpions that live on a wall somwhare, perhaps a new thread should be started

is it pere davids mate? or some other kind?

Yes in the pictures and wild. Many have escaped throughout the years, and some have been captured again. There is no exact figure acording to the duke when I last spoke to him.

Deer from other countires have escaped too and are in this area, It's just spotting them.

Have some of the PD's managed a break out Artic? Never seen one in the wild before. Good pics. :victory:

Yes JD, and in July 2010 I saw three in different locations at different times all within 4 miles of the Abbey.

As for breeding, I cannot answer that. Who knows........... :victory:

Are you sure they were PD's Artic. Only asking as I had just asked a deer lad from there and apparently they had not heard of any escaping nor being present in the wild. And these are lads that work and live on the land and i class them as deer experts, as well as the fact that i believe all the PD's will be accounted for (numbers wise)?. Did you manage a photo or anything of them? The only ones i have heard of in the wild were in peterborough, but they were pretty darn dumb and just stood out in the fields and were soon mopped up by the rifles.

Cheers. :thumbs:

Yes in the pictures and wild. Many have escaped throughout the years, and some have been captured again. There is no exact figure acording to the duke when I last spoke to him.

Deer from other countires have escaped too and are in this area, It's just spotting them.

Have some of the PD's managed a break out Artic? Never seen one in the wild before. Good pics. :victory:

Yes JD, and in July 2010 I saw three in different locations at different times all within 4 miles of the Abbey.

Are you sure they were PD's Artic. Only asking as I had just asked a deer lad from there and apparently they had not heard of any escaping nor being present in the wild. And these are lads that work and live on the land and i class them as deer experts, as well as the fact that i believe all the PD's will be accounted for (numbers wise)?. Did you manage a photo or anything of them? The only ones i have heard of in the wild were in peterborough, but they were pretty darn dumb and just stood out in the fields and were soon mopped up by the rifles.

I've had pd deer in my beam,pre ban.didn't bother them though, would've been murder, too daft they are :thumbs:

Yes JD, definatley. Know all the keepers within the Abbey, as well as speaking to the duke on a regular basis, and have hunted all that land for over 15yrs, so I know a little on the subject.

Drop me a PM some time with this deer lads name, and I'll try to get back to you.

:victory:

• Like 1

Well Artic, There must be crossed wires as I was told straight out of the horses mouth. So to speak. Still, life's a learning curve and I guess we never stop learning.

There are only three deer keepers within the Abbey and it's news to them. :hmm: I've just spoken to one to check my facts and you've learnt them something new then, :notworthy: .....Cheers :notworthy:

I love deer threads,what fascinating beasts they are.... :yes:

:victory: Happy hunting to all.JD