hard terriers

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant be arsed to trawl the thread to see if i posted in it but wuthout the hard ,rough type we would have no future workers to work .

You can only piss with the dick you've got, if you've got hard terriers then work them accordingly, in the right sort of place. What's a man to do should his stock suddenly breed hard terriers ? Shoul

Lads if your dog is mute, an takes some flack, or if your dogs mute an dont take flack, whats the problem, as long as the dog STAYS. If you have quarry thats been therre before, you need a good d

Posted Images

i was out yesterday with my old dog we bolted 2 foxes 1 of witch took some shifting and we dug another with him hes not got a mark on him and he could work today no prolem

Thats the type of dog you want mate imo no good if they are laid up for weeks etc :thumbs:

Wouldnt say a dog was no good if it had to be laid up for a couple of weeks, maybe not ideal but far from no good imo :thumbs:

Dont get me wrong mate hard dogs have got there place. The dog in my avatar is on the hard side and when I say hard i mean hard! Only got 3 digs out of the dog in his first season becasue he was laid up that much! In a away yes that is no good but of course you have got too respect the heart hard dogs show but for me I would much rather have a steady bayer in the kennel which can be dug too week in week out

Regards Ben

i was out yesterday with my old dog we bolted 2 foxes 1 of witch took some shifting and we dug another with him hes not got a mark on him and he could work today no prolem

Thats the type of dog you want mate imo no good if they are laid up for weeks etc :thumbs:

Wouldnt say a dog was no good if it had to be laid up for a couple of weeks, maybe not ideal but far from no good imo :thumbs:

Dont get me wrong mate hard dogs have got there place. The dog in my avatar is on the hard side and when I say hard i mean hard! Only got 3 digs out of the dog in his first season becasue he was laid up that much! In a away yes that is no good but of course you have got too respect the heart hard dogs show but for me I would much rather have a steady bayer in the kennel which can be dug too week in week out

Regards Ben

Im not fussy mate aslong as the dog stays n gets the job done Im happy with that. Do you have one of these steady dogs in your kennel?? If so then you can send that hard dog to me :tongue2:

Regards Ben

Im not fussy mate aslong as the dog stays n gets the job done Im happy with that. Do you have one of these steady dogs in your kennel?? If so then you can send that hard dog to me :tongue2:

No steady dog as of yet mate :thumbs: got two pups for next season ill see how they do once they enter :thumbs:

Regards Ben

No steady dog as of yet mate :thumbs: got two pups for next season ill see how they do once they enter :thumbs:

Well good luck with the pups :thumbs:

Regards Ben

Well good luck with the pups :thumbs:

Cheers mate

ATB :thumbs:

I totaly agree with almost everything your saying if not everything, but when you've had a few and your getting a bit older and wiser you tend (or i do) not to abuse the trust of a good terrier but to use it as and where suites the dog.

Absolutely.

I'm all for testing dogs to their fullest, but the mark of a good terrierman should be to know when they have had enough before they have. They all have their limits, as do all animals. Why do people see the need to prove a dogs limit by making it chuck it?

FTB

SPOT ON FTB :thumbs::thumbs:

whats all your veiws on this thares lads all over the place that seem to think hard terriers are better terriers :doh: i think its just stupid whats the point of haveing a terrier that can only be worked 1 every 2 to 3 month when you can have a baying terrier that can be worked 3 to 4 times a week well to me i would rather have the baying dog myself :thumbs: i have a old terrier dog thats 8 and he has done a fair amount of graft over the years but folk seem to think becouse hes not got chunks missing here and thare they dont beleve he works this used to piss me off but now a just dont give a shit as i no myself he works and has been a good littel dog for me over the years :thumbs:

a bit of boffff//

Hello, I think that terriers (and lurchers) should be evaluated according to the work that must be done, and the territory in which they must work.

A hard terrier, for example, can be "functional" in my territory but not in a territory of another sportsman, or can be a good working dog with the "animals" that I hunt, but not so good with the animal hunted by someone else!

Bless :)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

This is only the difference btwn a terrierman and a hunter... To answer to the question a hunter will not need a hard dog or will think it is useless as he wants to hunt everyday. A terrierman is not really into hunting purpose but more into working his dogs and have fun with them. He will like the hard one and will enjoy to have a big heart dog at his home...

And like said someone else with no hard dog you loose working dogs at the end. It is also usefull to many reasons but don't have the english words to explain sorry.

WTF are you talking about.. :wallbash::wallbash: I think you should spend more time hunting and less on the Deadgame Message board!!!

Here you go, I fixed your post because this is what you have learned from Todd Fulford and his crownies on his Booth Board!!! This is only the difference between a "baiter" and a hunter... To answer to the question a hunter will not need a hard dog or will think it is useless as he wants to hunt everyday. A "baiter" is not really into hunting purpose but more into "baiting" his dogs and have fun with them. He will like the hard one and will enjoy to have a big heart dog at his home...

Too much emphasis is put into if a terrier is hard or soft or finishing ability..How about will the terrier do what is most important, find/locate, enter earth, and stay until dug to?? Truth be known a hard one will spend more time in a kennel healing than in the woods hunting..FACT!.... I prefer a smart, good finding/staying, mixer..Not to say that a hard terrier doesn't have any purpose or use, just that THE MEASURE OF A WORKING TERRIER IS NOT IN HIS FINISH BUT IN HIS FINDING AND STAYING ABILITY.. ALL THE FINISH IN THE WORLD DOES A TERRIER NO GOOD IF HE CANT FIND ANYTHING TO FINISH. A journey must begin before it can end. all the best..P.S. Tell Toddy-Boy I said :bye: and :feck::feck: ...LMAO!!!

• Like 2
Guest busterdog

This is only the difference btwn a terrierman and a hunter... To answer to the question a hunter will not need a hard dog or will think it is useless as he wants to hunt everyday. A terrierman is not really into hunting purpose but more into working his dogs and have fun with them. He will like the hard one and will enjoy to have a big heart dog at his home...

And like said someone else with no hard dog you loose working dogs at the end. It is also usefull to many reasons but don't have the english words to explain sorry.

WTF are you talking about.. :wallbash::wallbash: I think you should spend more time hunting and less on the Deadgame Message board!!!

Here you go, I fixed your post because this is what you have learned from Todd Fulford and his crownies on his Booth Board!!! This is only the difference between a "baiter" and a hunter... To answer to the question a hunter will not need a hard dog or will think it is useless as he wants to hunt everyday. A "baiter" is not really into hunting purpose but more into "baiting" his dogs and have fun with them. He will like the hard one and will enjoy to have a big heart dog at his home...

Too much emphasis is put into if a terrier is hard or soft or finishing ability..How about will the terrier do what is most important, find/locate, enter earth, and stay until dug to?? Truth be known a hard one will spend more time in a kennel healing than in the woods hunting..FACT!.... I prefer a smart, good finding/staying, mixer..Not to say that a hard terrier doesn't have any purpose or use, just that THE MEASURE OF A WORKING TERRIER IS NOT IN HIS FINISH BUT IN HIS FINDING AND STAYING ABILITY.. ALL THE FINISH IN THE WORLD DOES A TERRIER NO GOOD IF HE CANT FIND ANYTHING TO FINISH. A journey must begin before it can end. all the best..P.S. Tell Toddy-Boy I said :bye: and :feck::feck: ...LMAO!!!

Possom you've hit the nail on the head and i commend that speach to the house lol :thumbs:

• 6 years later...