hard terriers

terrier should be in the best of health before its worked,your a sad ass if you work him sore the machoo bullshit of some has seen many a promiseing terrier PTS :censored: , if your dog is hard let him heal :thumbs: this test to quit is a fools game because every terrier will quit if its pushed to far :thumbdown:

i for one let mine heal too long if anything so who is this aimed at..

i see nothing good on scared up terriers,neither do i choose to show mine at hunt shows although each to their own.

many of my friends work their terriers to their full and show them.

its not aimed at you

no worries ;)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant be arsed to trawl the thread to see if i posted in it but wuthout the hard ,rough type we would have no future workers to work .

You can only piss with the dick you've got, if you've got hard terriers then work them accordingly, in the right sort of place. What's a man to do should his stock suddenly breed hard terriers ? Shoul

Lads if your dog is mute, an takes some flack, or if your dogs mute an dont take flack, whats the problem, as long as the dog STAYS. If you have quarry thats been therre before, you need a good d

Posted Images

Guest dee mac

Well this has been a decent thread for a change :notworthy: No doubt a few of us will meet up in a pub or beer tent over the closed season and put this all to rights once more :D

the best place to discuss all dog related matters :D:D

J R Jipp, is 50 to 60 full days a year to wildboar, stag, fox and badger (and others) like I and my terriers do, enough hunting for you to consider a dog tested or, as I should say, surviving and learning?

As for which breed gives the hardest dogs:

terriers come in individuals, and are living, developing beings, and so many things, especially fate and people can work with or against them.

Mine are cross working lakeland x German hunt terrier from 5 different lines and give everything from the one which is lacking to the too hard tu use animals. Selection, every individual and every generation, only makes your next round and whether you're still there with the boys. I lose dogs, but managed to come back with equally good or better from my own breeding each time untill now, and as long as I can.

And I can't stay here too long this evening, for tonight I must get up at 4, travel 4 hours to be at the meet for tomorrows hunt in Germany in time: wild boar and stags, and monday earth day with fox and having to avoid the numerous (there protected) badgers, for which I have dogs too, dogs steady to badger which will take the fox out.

J R Jipp, is 50 to 60 full days a year to wildboar, stag, fox and badger (and others) like I and my terriers do, enough hunting for you to consider a dog tested or, as I should say, surviving and learning?

As for which breed gives the hardest dogs:

terriers come in individuals, and are living, developing beings, and so many things, especially fate and people can work with or against them.

Mine are cross working lakeland x German hunt terrier from 5 different lines and give everything from the one which is lacking to the too hard tu use animals. Selection, every individual and every generation, only makes your next round and whether you're still there with the boys. I lose dogs, but managed to come back with equally good or better from my own breeding each time untill now, and as long as I can.

And I can't stay here too long this evening, for tonight I must get up at 4, travel 4 hours to be at the meet for tomorrows hunt in Germany in time: wild boar and stags, and monday earth day with fox and having to avoid the numerous (there protected) badgers, for which I have dogs too, dogs steady to badger which will take the fox out.

havent done much of the above so i wouldnt know. i do personally think the real place for a terrier is below ground alought im aware they do do well in other areas.

The majority of black dogs and bitches I've had in the past 15 years have been hard on fox.hard as in they don't sound at all.I can honestly say I only ever remember 2 fox being killed.If someone asks me would they kill a fox I'd have to say maybe eventually lol

Edited by madgerboy

i was out yesterday with my old dog we bolted 2 foxes 1 of witch took some shifting and we dug another with him hes not got a mark on him and he could work today no prolem

Thats the type of dog you want mate imo no good if they are laid up for weeks etc :thumbs:

Wouldnt say a dog was no good if it had to be laid up for a couple of weeks, maybe not ideal but far from no good imo :thumbs: