MOURNE LURCHER AND TERRIER CHARITY SHOW

great day tango thanks ... do you know wher you can see the pictures of us digging are ? :thumbs:

The digging was a great success, well done to you all :thumbs: it was very hard work, poor Dessie did very well and he come across such a big stone, no problem to him :tongue2: what number were you Grafter...

DSC_0300-2.jpg

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

great pics .. any more of number 6

Posted Images

great day tango thanks ... do you know wher you can see the pictures of us digging are ? :thumbs:

The digging was a great success, well done to you all :thumbs: it was very hard work, poor Dessie did very well and he come across such a big stone, no problem to him :tongue2: what number were you Grafter...

DSC_0300-2.jpg

The Irish Digging Championship was a great idea conceived by Tango and one which we in Irish Countrysports and Country Life magazine were delighted to sponsor. It was a huge success and my heartiest congratulations to all the teams. In fact the competition was so closethat there should be no losers and I would like to extend my offer of ayear's subscription to the magazine and a couple of tickets to Shanes Castle to ALL who took part and provided such great entertainment. I have contacts for teams 1-3 others please mail me at irishgamefair@btinternet.com.

Special congratulations must go to the oldest team ( by far) in the competition, Des Mackin and Peter Morgan - who in spite of being faced with the largest rock showed that these 'show ponies' could compete with the very best of diggers by finishing close up to to the top three teams.

Photos : Des gives it some welly!

post-35212-0-10721400-1305533438_thumb.jpg

DSC_0300-2.jpg

The Irish Digging Championship was a great idea conceived by Tango and one which we in Irish Countrysports and Country Life magazine were delighted to sponsor. It was a huge success and my heartiest congratulations to all the teams. In fact the competition was so closethat there should be no losers and I would like to extend my offer of ayear's subscription to the magazine and a couple of tickets to Shanes Castle to ALL who took part and provided such great entertainment. I have contacts for teams 1-3 others please mail me at irishgamefair@btinternet.com.

Special congratulations must go to the oldest team ( by far) in the competition, Des Mackin and Peter Morgan - who in spite of being faced with the largest rock showed that these 'show ponies' could compete with the very best of diggers by finishing close up to to the top three teams.

Photos : Des gives it some welly!

What do we do with this bugger? And the prize for the biggest rock uncovered goes to........Des Mackin & Peter Morgan!

post-35212-0-18892400-1305533774_thumb.jpg

DSC_0300-2.jpg

well mate me and alan wher number 6 last place lol but the tidiest dig :whistling:

First id like to thank everyone who helped me in the running of the event as it would never happen with out you,second id like to thank everyone who attended yesterday on an overcast and damp day

over all i think it went very well with the digging going down even better than expected . though next time the area will be all roped of, time wise id still like to finish sooner and i will manage it and thanks to albert and the irish countrysports and lifestyle magazine for their sponsership,this event will only get bigger and better, just a note also from the land owner who supports the event to the full he like to thank dessie and peter for de-stoning the field,we raised a couple of hundred for two brilliant groups and a few pound to the CRS who helped with the safety at the event again well done to everyone who won and thank you for your support. :toast:

Tango me and Peter would have won only for that dame stone thats the show shit for you we can dig with the best of them can't Waite to the next one

i am goin to add a biggest stone prize next year very well done to the two of you some would of jack at seeing that stone :big_boss:

THE RESULTS FOR THE DIGGING

TEAM 1 560MM TREVOR AND BANTY

TEAM 2 630MM DESSIE AND PETER

TEAM 3 690MM GEOFF AND J.P 2ND

TEAM 4 790MM SHANE AND PADDY WINNERS :toast:

TEAM 5 505MM ALAN AND ANDREW

TEAM 6 645MM CHRIS AND RYAN

THERE WAS A 30 MINUTE DEADLINE AGREED BY ALL TEAMS BEFORE THE START AND THE HOLE HAD A 750MM BY 750MM DIAMETER VERY WELL DONE TO EVERYONE. SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR