WHAT WOULD U DO

right then lads i got a white dog very smart 4 yrs old had this dog since a pup dug a fair bit of stuff with this dog a lot of boys seen this dog go and he been nothing but impressive and as a result been offered decent money for him he's a very well bred dog and have been more than happy with him so much so i have used him on 1 of my bitches and the pups are toppers Now this dog started going hot and cold about 2 months back and he walked yesterday after 2 hours.Now i can sell this dog to a bloke who shows russells and bloke talks a good dig but havent a clue now i been truthfull about the dog to him but he still wants him and offered a very good price he wants the dog to put over his show bitches and parade him around at summer shows he definately looks the part due to working style.Now do i take the money or pts and do the breed a favour because i know this bloke likes to churn out pups look forward to your replys :thumbs:

right then lads i got a white dog very smart 4 yrs old had this dog since a pup dug a fair bit of stuff with this dog a lot of boys seen this dog go and he been nothing but impressive and as a result been offered decent money for him he's a very well bred dog and have been more than happy with him so much so i have used him on 1 of my bitches and the pups are toppers Now this dog started going hot and cold about 2 months back and he walked yesterday after 2 hours.Now i can sell this dog to a bloke who shows russells and bloke talks a good dig but havent a clue now i been truthfull about the dog to him but he still wants him and offered a very good price he wants the dog to put over his show bitches and parade him around at summer shows he definately looks the part due to working style.Now do i take the money or pts and do the breed a favour because i know this bloke likes to churn out pups look forward to your replys :thumbs:

:icon_redface:

Edited by lukey
Guest busterdog

Why not try and find out what turned the dog the wrong way ? they aren't machines and if a dog can put a good performance one day then there shouldn't be any reason for it to fail the next, did you give him to much to fast, is he still sore ?, is he fit and well ?.

I know full well that at any time it can go tits upwards but sometimes it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't, put him away for the Summer and see what he's like next season, the time will pass whether you'v got the dog or not, so in my eyes it's always worth giving him the rest he needs before making any rash decisions.

Lets be honest half the lads on here would be chuffed with a russell that would do two hours, you'v had him four years so you'v had two seasons out of him so far, one to enter and one to work (full on) so you'r just getting to know him, perhaps you'v just found his natural limits. If you said how much work he'd done then it would be easier to give advice.

• Like 1

Why not try and find out what turned the dog the wrong way ? they aren't machines and if a dog can put a good performance one day then there shouldn't be any reason for it to fail the next, did you give him to much to fast, is he still sore ?, is he fit and well ?.

I know full well that at any time it can go tits upwards but sometimes it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't, put him away for the Summer and see what he's like next season, the time will pass whether you'v got the dog or not, so in my eyes it's always worth giving him the rest he needs before making any rash decisions.

Lets be honest half the lads on here would be chuffed with a russell that would do two hours, you'v had him four years so you'v had two seasons out of him so far, one to enter and one to work (full on) so you'r just getting to know him, perhaps you'v just found his natural limits. If you said how much work he'd done then it would be easier to give advice.

keep him if your ,ll only after another one like him in the long run............ summers coming lay him off :thumbs:

honestey goe,s a long way ,i have a 6-7 year old bitch here that has done her fair share of digs over the years and has put in some good hrs.but last year she walked and had not taken much at all ,the bitch was tried again a few weeks later and was dug to a dead fox which she had a good throat hold ,i left her all summer with just walks for exercise and tried her again this season ,she was keen at first but walked again after 10 mins in a very easy spot with taking no stick at all. the dig was finished to a young dog .i think once theyve binned it its a long way back if they come back at all . only you know how hard youve worked the dog and the standard it has worked but if you pass it on to be bred off you could find yourself in years to come buying a dog from those lines by some chance or another ,how would you feel then ? the bitch i have here will stay with me for now as she has been a good un and i put it down to more the health issue side of things as she has suffered a bit with dermo mange from about 4 years on and it has got worse from year to year since .its your choice at the end of the day but think of the breeding side of it rather than the money