rabbit shooting

beagles

hi all ive bought a new scope for me gun i need to sight it up but im crap at it lol but sure i will do it have before but im to lazy to get out and sort it :laugh: and i got told to hit rabbits in the chest so it hits the heart but i was doin that and they kept runing away and i havnt been since i felt bad injuring them but i been readin on here that people hit them in the head but theres a problem about that i cant keep still 2 be able to hit them in the head what do you all use 2 keep still ? :blink:

well i try get as close as i can depends on the nite and the rabbits ;)

Fair point :D

You could try controlling your breathing; getting into a routine before each shot. A lad I know will inhale 3 lowly & deeply 3 times, exhaling before attempting to shoot. It seems to work but you can miss your opportunity.

Are you using a PCP, springer or RAM?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Beags; I find the most tiresome aspect of 'Zeroing' a new 'scope is walking out the the damn target after every shot! Have ye any binoculars available?

How I do it is to rest my left hand in a right angle. Open window's good. Brace ye left hand into the left, lower corner of the frame. A cushion helps ;)

Thing is, ye have to know ye AIM is good, every time. That's how ye find ye Grouping and can tell if she's firing 2" to 7 o'clock. Otherwise ye Grouping may be everywhere, simply because ye swinging the damn barrel everywhere.

Try that till ye have the Grouping sorted. Adjust eli and windage till she hits where ye point her. Then and only then are ye ready to fire at living things and make them into dead things.

In the field, use a fence rail, fence post or side of a tree. What ever gives ye left hand - and thus the rifle - a solid, bracing support.

Go for the head every time. That way ye tend to miss completely or else smack it's brains out. I prefer Hollow Points because they deliver shock to the brain, not just whizz through it. On a ranbbit, it it's side on, go for just below the base of the ear. If face on, I aim between the eyes. A high shot will then rip it's skull open. Low shot hits the throat and may blow the spine. Dead rabbits swiftly ensue.

With birds, go for the spot right behind the eye or else shoot them in the face. If using a Lazer, never let it cross the quarrys eye ball. I've known that to spook them.

Now get out there and practice till ye Know ye rifle won't miss for ye :good:

ive bought a gun lamp aswell are they better seen as they aint as bright ? and im using power pell /accu pell

I use Accupel - good pellets. I think you're better with the lamp than shooting in the dark :D

The gun lamps are fine for airgun range shooting; ones with a dimmer are better.

not wanting to sound like a killjoy mate, but like ditch says, untill you can group ya shots, DONT shoot live quarry, as your saying yourself you dont like injuring the bunnies, gets us a bad name if peeps start discovering loadsa live injured bunnies staggering about

the shakes can be down to lots of things, pumping adrenalin for one, if after practising your still shaking/moving, get ya self a bi-pod, you'll be amazed at the difference it makes