making long nets

jak n meg

can [NO TEXT TALK] who has any experiance in making longnets and wouldent mind tutoring me and taking me through the process of making 1 be so kind as 2 do so, i hav made purse nets but dont know how 2 set about making a long net any helpfull advice is very welcome such as do's and dont's any pics of the stages would be greatfull aswell.

Thanxs Jak

Once you have made one you will probably vow to never make another!

As Rabbit hunter said - once you have the width to your own preference (16 in my case as I value the extra bag) just keep knitting. Once you have made a yard or two just hook it up again near the end and start to stow the finished part in a bag, and repeat until you have got as much as you want, remember the net will reduce by 1/3rd when set if done properly (150 yards of netting for 100 yard net)

Good luck!

OTC

Once you have made one you will probably vow to never make another!

As Rabbit hunter said - once you have the width to your own preference (16 in my case as I value the extra bag) just keep knitting. Once you have made a yard or two just hook it up again near the end and start to stow the finished part in a bag, and repeat until you have got as much as you want, remember the net will reduce by 1/3rd when set if done properly (150 yards of netting for 100 yard net)

Good luck!

OTC

RE: bagging, i always use 100% bagging, ie 200yards makes 100 yards net. but its each to his own

I have made two nets and in fact i have vowed to make all my longnets myself :good: except for a few 6z nets i would use on different ground :ph34r:

Im making a 50 yard double selvedge net just now, i just tie it in with a loop of twine every 50 rows so i can keep track of how many rows are in it and keep it neat and all together, and just keep going and going and going lol :thumbs-up:

20070124_0036.jpg

20070125_0003.jpg

Nathan

looks like a good net there nathan, im going to start on a 20/9 spun poly net very soon aswell.

How long are you doing the net?

OLDTRAPCOLLECTOR it is freely available from www.engel-netze.de postage is 15 euro's though, which is about £7 i think. it works out about £10 a kilo, there abouts.

JAK N MEG, i allow a minute a row, so it works out something like 28 hours for a 50 yard net with 100% bagging