modern lamping gear

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just enough breeze for a quick shine tonight and my ancient gear has i think succumbed to years of use / missuse. what do all the trendy young guys use, any reviews, whats best the choice is huge

Birddog,I find a lithium 14ah battery and a lightforce lancer just right for rabbits,anything bigger I use a lightforce striker which is a bit bigger lamp for a longer range beam,you'll need to raid your piggy bank as they're not cheap,atb,wirralman

just enough breeze for a quick shine tonight and my ancient gear has i think succumbed to years of use / missuse. what do all the trendy young guys use, any reviews, whats best the choice is huge

Birddog,I find a lithium 14ah battery and a lightforce lancer just right for rabbits,anything bigger I use a lightforce striker which is a bit bigger lamp for a longer range beam,you'll need to raid your piggy bank as they're not cheap,atb,wirralman

if i went for the striker would i be best to upgrade battery to 22amp

Birddog,I think that would depend on your amount of time out lamping,I'm only out for 3 or 4 hours these day's and I always take a spare lamp and battery with me in the van,my mate brings his as well so we tend to lamp and slip turn about,one at a time,I've not flattened my lithium battery yet and it weighs nothing at all,I can only comment on my own use,maybe other's that go out for longer can give you the info,atb,wirralman

Lad on here has put a 50w bulb in his blits , say's its just the same as having the 100w in , but you use less power!

I have a lance with 18ah & 14 ah& 12ah I'l pick witch one i want to take according to where and how long i'm going for!

Seems we are on this subject what coats and boots mine are done for

got ace boots at a show last year from a north east company. 'gri sport' italian leather jobs apart from a wee bit dubbing ive done nothing to them and their like new, ive worn them daily ferreting lamping fishing bushing i walk miles wi mutts daily, cant speak high enough of them comfy and well waterproof. maybe not the cheapest but certainly not the dearest