• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am glad i dont have smelly internet because i would smell some bullshit on the threads on this site.well done with the mink ian they do want killing all year round.we cant sell pelts in this country

Posted Images

think the mink are here to stay.same as grey squirrels and even the rabit when you think that they aint a true native species also.

thing's would be quiet boring if they werent here, less trapping hunting and shooting

good sized mink well done

It was trapped on a stream that feeds into an estuary, just observing the stream walking alongside prints were evident and a trap set.... They will stray of these, just like otters will travel miles from a water source.

The land i have is a narrow stream, few deep spots that widens up and has plenty of lakes nere by and some have been dug into the stream, I have seen prints and scat regually along different parts of this stream but never caught a mink in a trap, and i run sometimes three of four along it for 1 week periods as im rather busy with worth atm, Could there be a mink spending shorter time at a different stretch of stream before moving up stream agian beacuse the stream is so small?

WELL L.R. ,

I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU THERE ........ HAVE YOU EXAMINED THE STOMACH CONTENTS OF A LOT OF MINK CAUGHT EVERY SEASON FOR A FEW YRS ? , MOST STOMACHS HAVE PROVED THEY ARE LIVING ON FROGS , MICE , RATS ETC THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME .......

YES THEY CAN REALLY CAUSE A LOT OF DAMAGE TO PHEASENTS , POULTRY ETC THATS KEPT WITHIN A CONFINED AREA OR CONSONTRATED WITHIN A SMALL LOCALLITY ........ JUST LIKE ...... THE FOX , STOAT , BADGER ETC , ETC , ETC

AND ......... YES I BELIVE IN TRAPPING YEAR ROUND AROUND POULTRY PENS AND THE LIKE .......

BUT ........

LIKE THE FOX , RABBIT , ETC I BELIVE THERE NUMBERS SHOULD BE REDUCED TO ACCEPTABLE LEVELS IN

SEASON .....NOT........

SUMMER TIME FOR OBVIOUS REASONS ,

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

We are all entitled to our opinions and views DUCKWING but i disagree with what you have said,i have not examined any mink gut contents but i know the common frog which is a native of this country is on the decline and so is the once abundant water vole which certainly could do without the damage that mink cause to them, also the summer ducklings and other young water birds get devastated by the mink population and do the adult by nightly attacks by mink.

I was out with the hounds several years ago and they where called to a caravan park by a river, which held a large population of free ranging ornimental ducks, just about all of the ducks where killed in a short space of time and 3 mink where accounted for in that area on that particular day.

Rabbits do not cause a predatory problem on the native wild life so they do not come into the equation, but MINK do and should be killed all year around humanly off course to try and protect our breeding native species mainly through the summer months when they are at there most vulnerable.

I am glad i dont have smelly internet because i would smell some bullshit on the threads on this site.well done with the mink ian they do want killing all year round.we cant sell pelts in this country so being primed is not an issue but the damage they have done to our native water voles is.keep up the good work

• Like 1

I am glad i dont have smelly internet because i would smell some bullshit on the threads on this site.well done with the mink ian they do want killing all year round.we cant sell pelts in this country so being primed is not an issue but the damage they have done to our native water voles is.keep up the good work

Thought you were dead !!! Glenns sending a cd down for you...Get your internet sorted...:yes:

f**k the pelts have any of you actually skinned a mink ? the smell is awfull.

Worst part is if you knick the glands when your skinning....wear a nose peg :laugh:

IS THAT WHY YOU WERE ASKING GLENN IF I COULD SELL SOME FOR YOU ??? :whistling:

LIKE I SAID ........

IN THE GRAND SCALE OF THINGS THERE ARE PREDATORY SPECIES OUT THERE DOING FAR MORE DAMAGE IN FAR GREATER NUMBERS , YET MANY FAIL TO RECOGNISE IT ! ,... YEP ..... BLAME IT ALL ON THE MINK

GOOD SEE YOU ARE STILL ALIVE PEG ...... HEARD YOU HAD TURNED INTO A HERMIT !

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Yes Pat he's a good size, he weighs just marginally under 4 lb ...

I did not realise it was that big.. :icon_eek: .. if you still have it i have two native american friends here who will buy it of you for good money as they use them for loin cloth's..here is there contact deatail.. (little running water@ yahoo.co) and (big bear@ nero.com)..they is also an old cheif interested he goes by the name (Squaw's nightmare@arrow.com)..Pm me if you still have it and i will pas your details on.

Cheer's

LR

WELL L.R. ,

I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU THERE ........ HAVE YOU EXAMINED THE STOMACH CONTENTS OF A LOT OF MINK CAUGHT EVERY SEASON FOR A FEW YRS ? , MOST STOMACHS HAVE PROVED THEY ARE LIVING ON FROGS , MICE , RATS ETC THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME .......

YES THEY CAN REALLY CAUSE A LOT OF DAMAGE TO PHEASENTS , POULTRY ETC THATS KEPT WITHIN A CONFINED AREA OR CONSONTRATED WITHIN A SMALL LOCALLITY ........ JUST LIKE ...... THE FOX , STOAT , BADGER ETC , ETC , ETC

AND ......... YES I BELIVE IN TRAPPING YEAR ROUND AROUND POULTRY PENS AND THE LIKE .......

BUT ........

LIKE THE FOX , RABBIT , ETC I BELIVE THERE NUMBERS SHOULD BE REDUCED TO ACCEPTABLE LEVELS IN

SEASON .....NOT........

SUMMER TIME FOR OBVIOUS REASONS ,

IT ALWAYS AMAZES ME WHEN I LOOK AT THREADS ON HERE AND SPEAK TO OTHERS HOW MANY FELLAS TRAP MORE IN THE SUMMER TIME THAN THE WINTER .. THAT TELLS ME MORE ABOUT THEM .... AS TRAPPERS THAN A LONG WINDED CONVERSATION COULD :yes:

HEY . IAN ,

YOU WILL HAVE TO TRAP A FEW MORE THAN THAT TO MAKE UP YOURSELF A DAVEY CROCKETT ..... . XXL :laugh:

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

That Glenn Waters DVD must be stuck in his machine...