whippets and foxes

mate of mine has a whippet that nearly ten and he has been slaughtering foxes all his working life .I can honestly say he is one of the gamest dogs iv ever seen for a small dog and by god does he throw game pups aswell.I was just wondering if there is many lads out there that use whippets for foxes aswell

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope this pic.comes out OK. My rabbitting team( and me )in 1961. The whippet was a pure from a guy who had been breeding his own line of workers ,best catcher to best catcher,for 12 generations.- 20in

ive found over the years that anything with whippet blood in it has a natural instict to hate fox,s ,sometimes the size can let them down abit but the heart is definatly there ,probs all the terrier b

Posted Images

mate of mine has a whippet that nearly ten and he has been slaughtering foxes all his working life .I can honestly say he is one of the gamest dogs iv ever seen for a small dog and by god does he throw game pups aswell.I was just wondering if there is many lads out there that use whippets for foxes aswell

A old friend of mine had one but would only go in doubled up

this dog is 100 % single handed keano ,my mate bred it to his half cross collie hound and every pup off the litter turned into excellent foxing bitchs and dogs

Edited by scent

this dog is 100 % single handed keano ,my mate bred it to his half cross collie hound and every pup off the litter turned into excellent foxing bitchs and dogs

Some of them are game we burgers when they get going mate :thumbs:

is he a pure whippit sent and what height is he ? thanks

couldn tell you the weight pal but he is around 18 to 19 inches i think :icon_redface: ,im terrible when it come to measuring dogs pal so thats only a rough estimate.Spiderfly has a bitch out of him ,must be 5 now and says hes a demon on all quarry.

Some of them are game we burgers when they get going mate :thumbs:

sure are pal ,wouldn be my first choice of foxing dogs but id have this dog in my kennells any day ,hes pushing on now but in his day he was a rocket thats packed some serious sting,and no bull in him what so ever

i suppose some dogs will just do them lad.

my whippet is a pussy though and has never went onto one :icon_redface:

in fairnes sam your dogs are doin top notch at what you have them at o anything else i a bonus.A usual they are in top nick pal a credit to you :thumbs:

in fairnes sam your dogs are doin top notch at what you have them at o anything else i a bonus.A usual they are in top nick pal a credit to you :thumbs:

i got 2 with the lurchers this season but im not to pushed about fox.

id say a fox would take my whippet :laugh:

a cat came into our garden this year that the lurchers grabbed and no way would the whippet go onto it.

think he wants to keep his good looks :laugh:

iv seen bigger dogs not take fox too though.

some dogs just have the balls for em.

i got 2 with the lurchers this season but im not to pushed about fox.

id say a fox would take my whippet :laugh:

a cat came into our garden this year that the lurchers grabbed and no way would the whippet go onto it.

think he wants to keep his good looks :laugh:

iv seen bigger dogs not take fox too though.

some dogs just have the balls for em.

if there are like scent have the balls for anything... :whistling:

dont think its a good idea to upset scent as the litle man might jump up and punch ya in the balls :laugh::laugh: