Bedlington cross saluki

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dog was 18 month old in picture , as stated before i treat him like a lurcher ie lamping rabbits, i also use him for bushing / flushing to shotgun/lurchers, i also use him when carrying out pest contr

its a real tough x, and have very little injury problems, and can run on the hardest of stuff...

heres a cross we done beddy whippet grey x saluki x grey heres the result

Posted Images

I know this an old post but I have just bacame the proud owner of a bedlington whippet x saluki and he looks like he's going to be supercharged he's 8wks old and he's hunting instinct is really coming through

I would love to work a well bred dog/bitch of this mix, atvb with him.

The saluki is not a great deal slower than a grey hound over distance its more of pacer rather than sprinter but the whippet speed is unbelievable over a hundred yards to be honest not a lot of the beddi is showing through I have seen the dame work to this pup which is a first cross beddi whippet show 20 rabbits and it will bring them back the saluki will just add size and stamina but as I say he has more saluki look I will keep you informed of he's progress and hopefully get some pictures up for you.

The main issue i find is salukis getting branded plodders they are a fast animal but they are seen as plodders because they have such an easy stride. They look to be effortlessly trotting but in reality they are motoring. Its only when they are ran next to other x's you really see just how fast they are. I think the beddy lurcher mixed with saluki lurchers just seem to gel.

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...

Just been reading about wooly daytime dogs and found this old post, there was some litters on this post how did the dogs turn out to be? I know there is a lot of coursing dogs out there with these dogs in they blood but any one bred they own dogs and produced any good dogs? And any guys running this cross put some pics up please fed up of seeing bull crosses on here lol haha