perfect day

well away myself the day 9*30ish with 2 stinkeys and 14 nets no dog as was doing a wee wood right beside the road first set four holer tree stump

IMAG0078.jpg

so poley down she was down for ten mins heard a bit of a rumble then out she came so put the albino down so i could get a mark on her :whistling: found her at a foot right under the box i was sitting on :icon_eek: so went to dig and hit stone but went round the other side and lifted the stone and there was the bunnys head so that was 1 in the bag . had to go back to the car as the nets that had been wet in the bag were like setting cardboard over the holes with the frost :blink: next set three holer got 2 rapid then a few more three holers 1 each and had to loup the fence to get one of them :victory: then nowt in the next four holer down the road a few two holers with 1 out of each again next three holer with a hole in the field which i had to crawl through the hedge to net so albino in bang 1 out then ferret came out the hole feild side and had to sort the net heard a right good rumble :thumbs: few

IMAG0079.jpg

mins later and nowt happening quick swipe over the ground found it but decided to give it another five mins but ferret just kept coming up put poley in and she did the same so took her oot but i knew were the mark was so dug down aboot a foot hand down the hole and hey presto another 1 stone dead onwards best looking set id seen all day but nowt in :thumbdown: there were another two on the banking looking well used but holes in the field so will do it when an extra pair of hands :tongue2: so moved on fecking beast in the fiel so had an audience with one watching the hole for me :thumbdown:

IMAG0080.jpg:thumbdown:

a few more sets nowt then a one holer got 2 rapid style

IMAG0083.jpg

the doe had quite big young uns in her aboot 2 inches long three of them so called it a day at 2ish a good day had think i will be lucky to get another month

IMAG0087.jpg:thumbs:

Edited by auld salmon

good write up mate i was out today as well and gutted my first rabbit with young in it just embryos but its still distasteful. however needs must and i had been asked to go up (even though there are very few on this bit) sme farmers see two rabbits and think its a plague. funny old day see my dog the anti on lurcher forum :laugh: