yukon NVMT gen2+ 3x50

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the 22-250 was way to jumpy without the mod I resorted to putting the S&B on the .22 I tried it tonight with the yukon add on and all I can say is you lot are cheaters using night vision on rabbits! But a .22 they cook me! :wallbash: zeroed it today at 70yrds (first mistake) I just thought shots will be 50-100yrds so 70 sounded good. First rabbit thought it was about the zero range ....missed second rabbit lamped about 120yrds I walked around popped up over a bank looked through the nv the rabbit filled the scope, must have been 20yrds....missed! he ran about 20yrds further and stopped I pulled the trigger... click! Empty shell had jammed in the chamber, I couldn't get it out. Phoned a mate to meet me in a car as I'd walked 2 miles to get to the rabbits in the first place, knife in shell out 2seconds. 3rd rabbit, said to mate you have a go,30yrds he missed! 4th rabbit 60yrds I tried lying down(didn't want to miss in front of him) the laser reflecting off the long grass was so bright I couldn't see let alone shoot. Stood up shot off the shoulder........ and success! First ever kill with nv :toast: Seen a couple more but didn't get a shot off they dived into the trees after initially stopping in the lamp at first. Then the mountain mist came down and couldn't see a thing :wallbash:

To sum up: If I had gone with the 22-250 and lamp I'd av wiped out every rabbit I'd shot at. Lamping them first then putting the nv on to shoot is brilliant for viewing but by the time you turn on the mono then the laser I would have shot it with the lamp and moved on to the next one. You have to have nv for spotting, searching through a scope is hard work. It is in rough cover anyway clean fields would be easier I suppose. Rabbits are much more fun to shoot when they run using a lamp and shotgun shooting off a quad!

The yukon was quite impressive but I see why you need adjustable parallax 10-40yrds was a bit blurry, from there to 150 was clear as a bell. Didn't have the quarry to test it any further this evening.

I now need to take the .22 out and shoot a target at 20yrds, 40 yrds, 60yrds, 80 yrds and 100 because I need the practise :icon_redface: I was just guessing the hold over or under and I must be way out!