Centrefire in .223

A Friend of mine has one and its a nice tool its a pleasure to shoot.everyone likes different i got hooked on remington 700 adl older model i know but with a nice leaupold sat on it mr fox hates it.thats my preference but each to their own.and holy smoke i love the .223. when it strikes a Jasper its curtains for it.

I had looked at Rem but wasnt to sure is yours a top loader?

Yea its top loader first one Ive had like this and i like it better than my . 22 and .17 which have mags.i was lucky to buy my rem from a gunsmith, it was his own rifle and he had tuned the trigger to a lovely pull.and had shortened the stock.was only due to ill health he had to pack up shooting.i fell lucky.but still i also think them x bolts are a nice looking rifle.

id go woth a tikka t3 no doubt about it for out of box accuracy and not bad price come in synthetic stock too

when i first started looking i had almost set my mind on a Tikka but i kept looking and now its hard to sort the pros and cons!!! i do like the safety mech on the X bolt as you dont have to drop the safety to operate the bolt. Can you do this on any other makes?

Remington 700 every time. Had mine 15 years, we're out 3 nights a week, every week and still going strong :gunsmilie:

thats good longevity i always go out of my way to look after my kit thats why i want to make the right choice now as i will be using it for along time! and i aint a big fan of changing once i have purchased some people burn money like that!! also its better the devil you know sometimes!

Cheers for the advice.

Does the top loading get fiddly?

I think we all agree once the elusive .223 spots them it stops them.what ever You decide on buying dont skimp on the optics.regards The question about top loading being fiddly? No not at all.if You chose rem or tika t3 or x bolt You will get results.personaly if i had not got such a good deal on the rem the t3 would have been sitting in the cabinet now.

I'd look seriously at Tikka or Browning - that floor plate and detachable magazine combination is the ideal best of both worlds approach. Also if you want to save a few quid, have a look at the A-Bolt, it doesn't have the clever safety of the X-Bolt but the same detachable mag and floor plate system - so you can box load or top load. I prefer the mag system when unloading too, less chance of dropping bullets in the grass.