Help my ferret cant walk

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure where you are but if you need a kit for next year leave me your details and if some way you can get to north notts I'll sort one out for you.   I don't normally give them away, but I w

to much f*****g about and asking questions for my liking,you should have gone straight to the vet or put it down, f**k all the its this its that its the other you just prolonged the inevitable if you

While I agree that a vet should always be a valid option and a high priority in the case of any ill animal, you only have to look at what this lad posted a few pages back about his vet telling him 'fe

FFS this has nothing to do with earmites or the like.. when was the last time you saw the ferret well and up on its feet ?

ferrets go down hill fast and this sounds serious. You need to keep him hydrated with water from a syringe and vets as soon as possible.. like now.

rang the vets now and she just said that ferrets dont get ear mites and that the ferret doesnt sound very good, i was hoping for a diagnosis, would i be well to clean the ears and see if theres an improvement in the morning

Ferrets do get earmites but that has nothing to do with how poorly your ferret is now. :wallbash: i could offer you good advice if you PM me.

rubbish ferrets can get ear mites. it does affect the balance as they move down the ear canal.i have had ferrets with ear mites that had these symptoms. what i am saying is take it to the vets to rule ear mites out.

rang the vets now and she just said that ferrets dont get ear mites and that the ferret doesnt sound very good, i was hoping for a diagnosis, would i be well to clean the ears and see if theres an improvement in the morning

Will she not see the ferret tonight ? If she thinks it's bad, surely she'll let you take him in now ?

doesnt sound like ear mites to me if it was then it would still be up on its feet it sounds to me like either namonya or distemper my bothers parteners ferret had the same syptoms as your discribing here mate she took it to the vet and she was told it had nomonya he told her there was nothing that could be done for the we critter and she past away that nite :no: i honestly dont hold out much hope you mate but hope im wrong :thumbs:

Edited by theferreter