Help my ferret cant walk

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure where you are but if you need a kit for next year leave me your details and if some way you can get to north notts I'll sort one out for you.   I don't normally give them away, but I w

to much f*****g about and asking questions for my liking,you should have gone straight to the vet or put it down, f**k all the its this its that its the other you just prolonged the inevitable if you

While I agree that a vet should always be a valid option and a high priority in the case of any ill animal, you only have to look at what this lad posted a few pages back about his vet telling him 'fe

One thing I will say is if you have a saringe get some water down it tonight not cold but not to warm will stop it dehydrating and maybe put it in a box in the kitchen in a blanket if you can its going to be cold tonight and get it the vets in the morning

Edited by Jamie m

had it happen to me once before, found ferret jill in run in the morning, think she'd been there most of the night, she was pure paralysed from the waist down, immediately i put her under a heat lamp and for 5days syringe fed her glucose + water, vet didnt know what was wrong either, gave her a jab of penycillin, fed her scrambled egg yolk off a spoon, she died after 5days. i tried everything to nurse her back to health. if it ever happens again i will pts for the sake of the ferret

he does have abit of stuff down his ears but surely this isnt enough to affect his balance, hes breathing quite deep and hes trying to move he can move his head slightly and legs but cant stand

Can't you take him to the vets tonight, Sam ? Or ring the vet to see what he thinks ? I've done that with our vet before now and he'll tell me whether it can wait till morning, or if he needs to be seen immediately.

could have ear mites. are there black specks down its ears.if so that is dried blood.if left to long the mites move down the ear canal and their balance is affected.

yeh this is quite a recently aqquired ferret so i havent maintained it, but yes there are, so is there anything i can do about it?

could have ear mites. are there black specks down its ears.if so that is dried blood.if left to long the mites move down the ear canal and their balance is affected.

yeh this is quite a recently aqquired ferret so i havent maintained it, but yes there are, so is there anything i can do about it?

A couple of drops of ivomectin on the back of its head, then same again a week after to catch new hatched mites.