Knives

Guest Mac

I dont know if you lads can get them back home, but the ONLY knife company i would get knifes from now is Cold Steel...they are the BEST.

I butchered a WHOLE elk with a Mini Bushman, and they sell all kinds of stuff, spears, swords, tomahawks, knifes etc.

I got all my mates onto them over here and thats all they will use know. The Bushman and the Mini Bushman are great...they cost rough between 5-15 quid, and if you break it, send it back and you will get another free!...they sound crap at that price, but they are amazing!

Kye..

You lying c*nt :11: I seem to remember you sitting on your kitchen floor butchering hares with an axe :11: :11: :11:

You did a fair few that morning eh mate :D

:11: ...that was "Pre-Cold-Steel days"..lol...your right mate, even that axe didnt do well against them Arizona Antelope Jack Rabbits did it!?...looked like the Texas chain saw massacre in that bloody kitchen!..lol...what a laugh!

We didnt even have a decent f*****g kitchen knife in the house then!..lol..Talk about watching Chimps using tools for the first time!..lol.

You will have to come over when i get moved (when ever that will be!) get you digging the most formidable quarry a dog can go against!....The POSSOM!..lol.

all the best mate.

Kye...

Oh, as for doing a fair few trhat night!..lol.

We had a look at the "Killing fields" not long ago...it was dried up a bit, but still to damp to run a dog on...i think the feet would have got stuck and the dog would just carry on!..lol.

There was plenty there though mate, so it should be a belter of a place to get them pups on!

Kye...

PS...100 yard running head shot on a jack rabbit...not fecking bad eh?..lol.

100 yards now eh? I seem to remember it more like 15 :11:

Nah...just kidding. It would have been a good shot if you'd meant it :11:

Did Sitting Bull get some proper mags for that Ruger?

I seem to remember he'd just bought some knives when I was over....and you broke one of them and didn't tell him :whistle: :D

Does your Mrs get those Bucks and Winchesters she was flogging out of that big supermarket we was at?

What do you mean!...i did mean it!..lol..i was just as surprised as you lot when it dropped!..lol.

We have got some ABS plastic mags for the Ruger, but they have a metal lip...they seem to work ok...i like the smaller all metal 10 round mag myself though.

Yeah, the big Injun got that Kershaw skinning set...absoulute shite!...he just bent the blade straight and sold the thing on Ebay!..lol.

She used to, but i think she gets them from the dealer now...im not sure though...i dont use that pish!..lol...cold steel all the way for me know!...lol.

Kye..

• 1 month later...

Snelly, they DO sell knifes for MUCH higher prices...some in the $500 range...but what the f**k would i do with a knife like that in the field?...imo, only a fool would pay that much for something like a knife...when i come home, im gonna bring a LOAD of knifes with me...then it will be first come, first served...the Mini-Bushman would be a great knife for you boys back home...big enough to deal with deer, small emough for cleaning the humble rabbit...there one pieace construction make them almost unbreakable!...even if you DO break it, Cold Steel will send you a new one!..

If you order a full catalouge, you will see how amazing the prices are...i cant praise this comapny enough...TOP GEAR!

Kye,..

Kye,

I have found the Mini-Bushman for £25 and have ordered one. The Recon Scout and Trailmaster Knives look the business but they are £200-300! :icon_eek: As for only a fool buying one, I don't agree with that but am not about to buy one myself.

Here's the link Cold Steel Mini Bushman

The British Knife Collector's Guilds site is a good site for knives but some of the prices are ridiculous!

A friend of mine just got one for $12.50!!...ok, ok, fool may have been a bit strong!..lol...i would LOVE to have some of them blades that cost that much...but are they any better than the cheaper ones?...sometimes you have to get rid of somethings quick, and i wouldnt fancy lobbing a 12" $500 Bowie knife in a river!..lol.

I will stick to my Bushmans!...they have NEVER let me down!...im sure you will be happy with yours Snelly, they sure can hold an edge!..

Kye,..

• 2 months later...
Bought a Winchester at the midland....£15 ..... Seems like a tidy bit of kit for the money.... :good:

my mate swears by them taffy, he went lamping with us a while back and we got a big roe, i got out of the car to get the dog off, but i could hear him in the back of the shouting my "winchesters gone under the seat" :icon_eek: ......i thought he brought a f****n gun with him :11: until he pulled the knife out :11: .....i'd never heard of them until then :D

Bought a Winchester at the midland....£15 ..... Seems like a tidy bit of kit for the money.... :good:

my mate swears by them taffy, he went lamping with us a while back and we got a big roe, i got out of the car to get the dog off, but i could hear him in the back of the shouting my "winchesters gone under the seat" :icon_eek: ......i thought he brought a f****n gun with him :11: until he pulled the knife out :11: .....i'd never heard of them until then :D

:11: lucky... iv got a wincherter and its a fair thing....

Got an original Leatherman - http://www.leatherman.com/products/tools/r...pst/default.asp - in 1991 (if the old memory serves me right? :blink: ) when I was still in the forces, and it's still going strong despite having been subjected to almost daily abuse. However, there are one or two things I always thought it was missing - saw etc.

I recently aquired a new Leatherman Charge Ti - http://www.leatherman.com/products/tools/c...-Ti/default.asp

and it's absolutely perfect! It does everything I need, and, like the old one, it holds an edge very well.

Guest thunderbelly

I carry different knives for different reasons. the one that is always with me is a simple swissarmy knife, One general blade, beer bottle opener and screwdriver

here's my favorite small game knife

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/k...322&type_id=600

My pick for general hunting is a buck zipper although I messed up and got the wood handle, looks nice but slippery when wet