1st season dogs

I have a whippet bitch 14 months mostly ferreting started with a few dropped rabbits and holding netted rabbits she's also had a couple that slipped the nets all retrieved live worked long net yesterday for first time chased two rabbits into nets and held. All good but on lamp her catch rate isn't very good runs beam come back once lamp is of and two beeps on dog whistle she has only had two or three rabbits on lamp. At first she was over shooting she now has started to approach a bit slower tryin to anticipate the bunnies run so hopefully get to learn her trade in time

nice one mate a few people are running whippets now day good luck :thumbs:

Cheers mate hope she cracks the lamp

she will mate just take your time with her it will come :thumbs:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive got a 19 month old 5/8 greyhound 3/8 collie bitch and am pleased with her progress.

i also need to work on her retrieving so will be putting some time into that over the next

few month. she has caught plenty rabbits on the lamp and also hed her 4th fox last night

( all doubled up ) . atb martin

is this your first time runing a collie/grey mate?

nice to see everyone doing fairly well despite the rough weather this season,its my first season with my pup and my mates with his, i got a bullx he's got colliexwhippet, they are both doing really well considering the land we have. (not much and everything shy as f**k). both had a good few bunnies each and two with big ears to the colliex and one to my bullx, who also managed a shot n retrieved fox, all be it a bit of scabby little one.

id get some pics up if i had a camera!

nice to see everyone doing fairly well despite the rough weather this season,its my first season with my pup and my mates with his, i got a bullx he's got colliexwhippet, they are both doing really well considering the land we have. (not much and everything shy as f**k). both had a good few bunnies each and two with big ears to the colliex and one to my bullx, who also managed a shot n retrieved fox, all be it a bit of scabby little one.

id get some pics up if i had a camera!

nice one mate and get urself a camera they come in handy lol :thumbs:

Edited by minzy

got a 18 mounth old wheaton X in her first season and doin really well retrieves straight back to hand but even no she didnt make the size that i thort she would she makeing up for it with her drive shes gd on the rabbits and has really impressed me on other things azwell had few charlie doubled up and her first 1 on her own last week shot and retrieved but jst takeing it steady with her and i also have another wheaton X who will hopefully shine next year lol atb yf

out last nite got 3 bunnys bad nite 4 it had 2 get ot pup doin ok only 10 months wouidnt stand when call in a red boy

snap i went out and what a shit night it turned as soon as i got on the field it went still with not one bit of wind or rain only lamped for hour n fuked off home i ran 3 killed 3 but very long slips :thumbs:

Edited by minzy

ive got a 19 month old 5/8 greyhound 3/8 collie bitch and am pleased with her progress.

i also need to work on her retrieving so will be putting some time into that over the next

few month. she has caught plenty rabbits on the lamp and also hed her 4th fox last night

( all doubled up ) . atb martin

is this your first time runing a collie/grey mate?

yea mate shes the first collie greyhound ive had

^^^ you got any pics matey :thumbs:

couple of pics mate

post-50738-0-33131700-1295297384_thumb.jpg

post-50738-0-31215000-1295297763_thumb.jpg

post-50738-0-70245300-1295297953_thumb.jpg

I'm out with the ferrets on fri I'll get some more up to date photos up

was out for a shine last night was crap she had a couple of runs, but the wind had died and the moon was out and bright :thumbdown:

All the best for the rest of the season :thumbs: