1st season dogs

My pups just gone 7mnths now started her out with the ferrets around 4mnth and over the last few weeks let her have a look out with the lamp. Took her out with my mates dog first and a few walks on her own, no pressure on her kept on the slip and a couple of runs on walked up squatters. she's not caught yet ( just missed on the strike the other night) but she's young and this season is for her to have a look next season the real fun will begin :thumbs:

what breed is your pup matey???

she's 3/4 whip 1/4 beddy mate really pleased with her :thumbs:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got a first season saluki cross started her in september and shes been doin 2s and 3s since then. but the weather aint helped but might have been a blessing cause me and the bitch are both abit keen and dont want to fcuk her in her first season. she has just learnt to look down the beam now a had a few big ones on the lamp and little rabbits aswell. im well chuffed with her.

ive got a 19 month old 5/8 greyhound 3/8 collie bitch and am pleased with her progress.

i also need to work on her retrieving so will be putting some time into that over the next

few month. she has caught plenty rabbits on the lamp and also hed her 4th fox last night

( all doubled up ) . atb martin

my pups geting there just need to work on her recall when im out with frends as she seems to throw a deaf one but picking rabbits up nicely now shes had about 20 in two months and been run on other stuff 3 times with another dog so no complants yet :whistling:

have a dog 10 months when out walking runing flat out. then out lamping only half runing at rabbits. will it come out of him

like you said she/he is only 10months old so planty of time yet mate dont rush him/her you want to try her on a few droped rabbits in the day time this some times helps :thumbs:

Edited by minzy

my pups geting there just need to work on her recall when im out with frends as she seems to throw a deaf one but picking rabbits up nicely now shes had about 20 in two months and been run on other stuff 3 times with another dog so no complants yet :whistling:

good stuff pal, they always seem to throw a deaf one when you are with some 1 else lol

I have a whippet bitch 14 months mostly ferreting started with a few dropped rabbits and holding netted rabbits she's also had a couple that slipped the nets all retrieved live worked long net yesterday for first time chased two rabbits into nets and held. All good but on lamp her catch rate isn't very good runs beam come back once lamp is of and two beeps on dog whistle she has only had two or three rabbits on lamp. At first she was over shooting she now has started to approach a bit slower tryin to anticipate the bunnies run so hopefully get to learn her trade in time

I have a whippet bitch 14 months mostly ferreting started with a few dropped rabbits and holding netted rabbits she's also had a couple that slipped the nets all retrieved live worked long net yesterday for first time chased two rabbits into nets and held. All good but on lamp her catch rate isn't very good runs beam come back once lamp is of and two beeps on dog whistle she has only had two or three rabbits on lamp. At first she was over shooting she now has started to approach a bit slower tryin to anticipate the bunnies run so hopefully get to learn her trade in time

nice one mate a few people are running whippets now day good luck :thumbs:

Cheers mate hope she cracks the lamp