1st season dogs

hi all fort i would put this post up see how all the 1st seasons dogs are going on?? have you guys had much with them so far?? ive got a first x collie grey 19months old runing her first season and she is doing very well im my eyes one thing ineed to inprove on her retriveing need to get her to retrive when other dogs are out with us for some reason she dont like to but when your on urself she retrives evey one but iwill get there in the end i think lol :thumbs:

Edited by minzy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

had collie lurchers for over 20 years.all the ones i had were very reluctant to retreive when other dogs were present but great on their own.i just moved well out of the way of my lamping partener and his dog. over time decreased the distance took time but got there in the end.but as i say they were all reluctant to retreive when other dogs were present. good luck im sure you will get there.

i wouldnt be too experienced wit lurchers but av ruined a promising young dog few years ago from bringing him out with other dogs, he was retrievin back to hand untill i start bringing him out wit other dogs an i couldn brake the bad habit e'd started due to me inexpierance, now i've a 19mnth old colliex an he's flyin with the retrievin

had collie lurchers for over 20 years.all the ones i had were very reluctant to retreive when other dogs were present but great on their own.i just moved well out of the way of my lamping partener and his dog. over time decreased the distance took time but got there in the end.but as i say they were all reluctant to retreive when other dogs were present. good luck im sure you will get there.

i move well away when out with mate and his dogs she brings them back so far and then just stops i walk off some time calling her but she will just kill the rabbit and leave it on the floor and walk back with out it. but like i said befor she brings them live back to hand when on her own ive bin out loads of times on my tod and she does really well but when other dogs are there its a no no but i wont give up. like the post its about its her first season on the lamp and thanks to all your replys hope all goes well for the comeing seasons :thumbs:

do any of you guys keep record of there catchers in a pad or ote?? ive only ever done it with the bitch im running now think its a good idear keep you noted lol :thumbs:

may do if i ever catch any! lol

im sure it wont be long befor she/he gets there first of many :thumbs:

only had my lad a couple of months he is around 16 months. had a couple of dropped ones, a couple that have slipped the net while ferreting and picked up an injured one yesterday. had a few runs tonight on the lamp but dident connect and had a couple of day runs which have been put up but also not connected.

the ones he has had his retrieval is getting alot better each time.

only had my lad a couple of months he is around 16 months. had a couple of dropped ones, a couple that have slipped the net while ferreting and picked up an injured one yesterday. had a few runs tonight on the lamp but dident connect and had a couple of day runs which have been put up but also not connected.

the ones he has had his retrieval is getting alot better each time.

nice one mate keep it up :thumbs: