Cheeky charlie

I was out lamping last night with Ratch on a new spot we havent lamped before , only a small place but still worth a look. We havent been out for ages due to the weather etc ....

I had the .22 and Ratch his .243. I started off with a couple of rabbits , leaving one in a gateway to collect later on.

When we came to pick it up it had vanished :blink: on inspection with the lamp in the next field there was a fox busy feeding on the bunny :yes:

As Ratch got ready for the shot it slinked under a gate and away across the next field.After collecting the rabbit which was minus its head and heading back to the gateway I flicked the lamp back on only to catch the fox coming back for its prize.

Ratch made no mistake this time and dropped it at around 100 yds. It was a dog fox which had a broken back leg which had healed , which is why it wasnt going to leave an easy meal...

Fox and headless rabbit ....

post-29-0-87788700-1295112903_thumb.jpg

We then continued and managed to get a vixen a couple of field further on :thumbs:

A nice nights lamping ....

Final bag.