Rushill Russels

Strong looking dog... probably added some sort of beagle or even spaniel lol...got that sort of look with the 'hound' type markings...who cares,it's just a pet...that could of been the best?..the Op dropped a  name,this day and age your shits all over the net for anyone to find if your seeking fame?...no need for those knickers to get into a twist ?

• Like 4

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Strong looking dog... probably added some sort of beagle or even spaniel lol...got that sort of look with the 'hound' type markings...who cares,it's just a pet...that could of been the best?..the Op d

Is this post supposed to be putting me straight? As in throwing my toys out the pram .... I only know Martyn about 15 years and was stuck for a terrier and he reached out and sorted me one through ano

Seek out a local dog  trainer who knows what there doing as you wouldn't want to pay a plumber to build a brick wall eh......

Posted Images

10 hours ago, New moon said:

They came back to england from ireland with some bull in them?

are you talking about the russell's that bert sold to the cork lads i say russells as the first one he sold was not what he said so it was replaced

8 minutes ago, big sid said:

are you talking about the russell's that bert sold to the cork lads i say russells as the first one he sold was not what he said so it was replaced

No mate, I’m talking about the ones TD had, stop end says they was from Ireland, they came from England to Ireland, then back .

17 minutes ago, New moon said:

No mate, I’m talking about the ones TD had, stop end says they was from Ireland, they came from England to Ireland, then back .

yes i have heard that, in fact i think its in a book possibly one of plummers.

• Like 1

I only ever read Plummer talking about white dogs from Ireland being the foundation of whatever mens stuff in the UK, but am not doubting he said the reverse also. I see Brian Nuttal mention that the Irish white dogs came from JP originally, a bit of bull was added and some made their way back to TD & RD etc etc. Just because Nuttal or Plummer states otherwise doesn't make it so. There was white working terriers in Ireland as far back as anywhere else... Working terriers of all types  have always crossed the water in both directions. And long may it last amongst genuine terriermen. One or two terriers from elsewhere can be a welcome addition but doesn't make a line! ATB..

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, sid g said:

se had white terriers in ireland in the 70s from gm and kg -- plummers russells and the russells he put in to start his plummers came from mj who had em from dd who had em from kg and bg ,, anyone that goes back that far and knows terriers will know all the initials ?

SE is one man??? Are you seriously mentioning the white terrier scene in Ireland in relation to one man!? Who wouldn't be renowned for them throughout the island anyway, not that I know of. (If I am thinking of the right man). I could list off initials of men you would know nothing about... How could you it's not written in any books. You mention Kg, where do you think he may have gotten some of his white terriers from? He certainly had the opportunity to. Not all of history can be gotten from books. As for plumber's rubbish you're welcome to em...lol. That's all I'm going to say on the subject. The reverend John 'jack Russell', became famous for his white terriers and so England is accredited with the jack Russell even though Ireland, Wales and Scotland had their white working non descript terriers that would have crossed borders and contributed to different working lines...I'll say no more, best of luck!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Evil knievil said:

The reverend John 'jack Russell', became famous for his white terriers and so England is accredited with the jack Russell even though Ireland, Wales and Scotland had their white working non descript terriers that would have crossed borders and contributed to different working lines...I'll say no more, best of luck!

Think he only really became famous for them since he bred them to type he thought was best suited to him and kept records of breeding etc? 

• Like 1

getting better with him in terms of him reacting to dogs much better took him around a lake today we will be fishing next week looks like i may have the making of a damn fine carp dog, not what you guys look for but he suits me.

Will he work rats yes most definitely will, also very keen for foxes but not my ball game so whether it's just the chase he wants i could not say, but he will go looking for them and anything else he gets on the scent off would be a very good tracking dog to the right person.

1 hour ago, sid g said:

one of his first dogs came from joe h .. he had some decent stuff around in the late 70`s early 80s thunder ,  tornado ,  stormer , judy . jilly . vixen .  to name a few then he had flit and stuff out of him tbh i cant remember him having stuff from ireland maybe he did who knows who cares , 

I understand you're not interested and that's fair enough, I'm interested and others may be too... It's part of history and a valid question. He certainly had dealings with enough decent terriermen from Ireland and I for one heard he did

4 minutes ago, sid g said:

tbf i did answer your question - he sold terriers to ireland and went over digging and irish lads came over here  to buy and to dig ,  if he had russells from  ireland or not i dont think he did i know he had the odd terrier from joe h . like i said to you in pm i try not  get to involved in the terrier section what ever you know say or post someone knows better than you and shoot you down so i gave up with it , 

I hear you Sid, regarding the terrier section. Joe would definitely have known and mixed with good white dog men here, so chances are he would have gotten white terriers via Joe and as you say he spent many a wkd digging over here... With good men besides Joe, who kept white dogs...I heard he got terriers off them. Twould be interesting to hear about it... As I said earlier white working terriers have crossed the sea in both directions amongst genuine men playing their part in keeping working lines up to standard. And long may it continue...no matter atb!

• Like 1