yellow pages power test

Well, the .22LR went through 1 3/4, about 1600 pages.

The .243 went all the way through three, quite interesting seeing the expansion of the round as it goes on, starts off with a tiny little hole, ends up with a hole the size of half the page.

The 12 bore only went through 1 1/2, though it did punch a huge hole in the third with the wad of paper from the first two!

I video'd it, but the vid is pretty shoddy as it was shot with the phone and I didn't realise the bleeping sun was right in the lens. Also it's a fair way away as I didn't want my shiny iPhone getting taken out by a ricochet!

The pics of the yellow pages afterwards are impressive though!

The vid is uploading now, I'll put the link up when it's done.

Next time I'll make sure the phone isn't full of glare before I start shooting.

Reckon I need a few more yellow pages though, I want to see how many it takes to stop the .243!

Sweet cant wait to get infront of the comp and have a look :)

Sp for you my friend.

.atb. .ste.

Millsy dont wory too mutch as my .22 only does around 400 pages with domed pellets, it makes a better mess than the .177, perhaps these welsh yellow pages are sub standard lol

.atb. .ste.

Anyone else got any .22 readings?

lol Ste sub standard yellow pages..... :laugh:

Mate my yellow pages has taken sutch a hammering (altho not as mutch as matts :)) im considering weighing it in lol, or melting it down to cast my own pellets :)

I shall call them "steve's special superfield-domeblow" being a mix of superdome and field diablo lol

.atb. .ste.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not just put it over a chrony?   Kyle

Get it over a chrony , no other way is worth doin . For example if you get it taken to be checked and it turns out over power, do you think the police will take seriously the way you`ve tested for pow

Clean the barrel with a decent pull through . Then re-lead , which should take about 50 or so pellets . To lube your pellets you use a pellet lube ( not just any old oil ) i use napier pellet lube . G

Always wanted a crossy....never got round to buying one though but i will invest this year....after i buy my first and only pcp rifle even though im a springer guy myself(love the feel of a recoil) and my husky and wolfdog take up all my funds lol but i WILL buy one

They're a bit of an expensive toy really, Steve. The arrows are a fiver each and with a high power bow they don't last too long. Plus the fact that we're not ment to hunt with them means it's really just targets only.

If we could, they'd be a cracking tool for killing foxs that keep trying to raid the release pens, for example... :whistling:

Cheers

Edited by andyfr1968

That's another problem with crossbows, the archery clubs hate the things. I have a Merlin Max 2000 compound bow and my local club nearly banned me when I asked if I could use the Xbow.... :blink:

Can't see what the problem is but there's a lot of snobbery with archery.

Sounds like it mate........its like my local gunclub didnt like the fact that i have more experiance with higher caliber guns/rifles than 90% of them did lol......basically i pissed on thier bonfire.....im sure they dont like younger ex military guys on thier land because we have more experiance with shooting higher caliber than they do........sorry for the small rant

Hi, Ste.

The bow's rated at 150lb draw weight. It's a compound bow with a four limb prod, hence the Quad in the name. According to the specks it shoots at around 350fps giving about 130ft'lbs, if I remember right.

They are rather high maintainance though, you've got to wax the strings after every 5 shots or they're knackered in no time, even then they can need re stringing after as little as 50 shots. They are fragile and really need a lot more TLC than a gun.

I put a little blob of Tipex on each arrow after it's been fired 'cos after 8 or so shots, the accuracy starts to go off.

That said, when all's good it'll shoot to around an inch at 30 yards and by feck, whatever you've hit stays hit :thumbs: targets, of course....

Cheers.