yellow pages power test

hi ladsalso im getting a flyer after around every 5-6 pellets im using aa field but im not getting any with bisley magnums :blink:
Clean the barrel with a decent pull through . Then re-lead , which should take about 50 or so pellets . To lube your pellets you use a pellet lube ( not just any old oil ) i use napier pellet lube . Get the pellets in a bowl of warm water and 1 drop of washing-up luquid ( only 1 drop ) and gently move them around untill your happy they have all been `swilled` .Take em out and gently pat em dry , pour slowly on a tea towel and pat em with kitchen roll untill as much water as possible is gone , then sperad em out on clean kitchen roll and leave to dry in a warm place overnight . Next day ( this is where people use too much lube that is totally pointless and causes flyers ) put one spray if using the spray bottle or 2 drops if its the dropper bottle into a plastic bag . Gently tip your dry pellets into the bag , and roll the around for about 5 minutes ensuring all the pellets are coated in lube . Then again pour out and leave to dry overnight , on clean kitchen towel , and hey presto , clean lubed pellets . :thumbs:

Nice one bust :), an easy to follow step by step procedure, witch I shall have a go at in the near future.

.atb. .ste.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not just put it over a chrony?   Kyle

Get it over a chrony , no other way is worth doin . For example if you get it taken to be checked and it turns out over power, do you think the police will take seriously the way you`ve tested for pow

Clean the barrel with a decent pull through . Then re-lead , which should take about 50 or so pellets . To lube your pellets you use a pellet lube ( not just any old oil ) i use napier pellet lube . G

Your not kidding mate......at first i shot at my phone book and it went right through it only had 800 page thats when i shot at yellow pages and got that result at 10 meters

Plus mine is a .22

Edited by StevoSmith

Hi lads,

When i read this thread i thought that there was going to be a joke somewhere at the end :yes:

The joke was obviously on me :laugh:

Is this really a serious post or is someone waiting to trigger the joke? :hmm:

I cant believe that peeps would actually use this as any kind of test :no:

What about, pellet weight to speed, lead hardness of the pellet etc?

A soft leaded pellet will not penetrate as deep as a hard leaded pellet fired at a lower power.

A hard leaded 14 grain pellet fired at 10.6 FP will penetrate deeper than a 16 grain soft pellet fired from a more powerful rifle, ie 11.5 FP.

:doh: This is the crudest method ive ever heard of.

Ok to see your rifle is super low on power but to start counting pages and comparing is not going to work very accuartely lads.

Best use a chrono and stay safe.

Si

Edited by zini

Dont think it was ment to be a serious test mate lol......just an idea on power....as you can see hunters wep was low down on power....so not a serious test lol

also turned out his rifle had a leak and had to get shop to supply him a new wep

Edited by StevoSmith

The very very rough test, to show a dramatic loss in power without having a chrono avalible, was my idea I will hold my hands up, it showed hunter he had a rifle well under power, was not a serious test it was a quick fix and it Worked! Showing steve there was something wrong (feel free to slate me as mutch as you like) I rest my case and steve has a new gun :)

Good outcome in my eyes???

I agree entirely with everyone who said it was a sh!t test,

People got around the 1000 mark roughly, steve got around the 200 mark roughly, its a very crude test, but resulted in a conclusion, wich was the aim.

.atb. .ste.

Edited to say between me and steve there wasnt even that many variables yellow pages (standard), pellets (same), yardage (same), rifle (v.similar), and a known power output for my rifle.

Edited by rossi_j

The very very rough test, to show a dramatic loss in power without having a chrono avalible, was my idea I will hold my hands up, it showed hunter he had a rifle well under power, was not a serious test it was a quick fix and it Worked! Showing steve there was something wrong (feel free to slate me as mutch as you like) I rest my case and steve has a new gun :)

Good outcome in my eyes???

I agree entirely with everyone who said it was a sh!t test,

People got around the 1000 mark roughly, steve got around the 200 mark roughly, its a very crude test, but resulted in a conclusion, wich was the aim.

.atb. .ste.

Fear play Ste :thumbs: ,

A man with some integrity.

I like it :yes:

Dont take it to heart buddy, as you said if it got Steve a new rifle it did serve some purpose :yes:;)

No one will slag you buddy, just pull your leg about it :laugh:

Si

The very very rough test, to show a dramatic loss in power without having a chrono avalible, was my idea I will hold my hands up, it showed hunter he had a rifle well under power, was not a serious test it was a quick fix and it Worked! Showing steve there was something wrong (feel free to slate me as mutch as you like) I rest my case and steve has a new gun :)Good outcome in my eyes???I agree entirely with everyone who said it was a sh!t test,People got around the 1000 mark roughly, steve got around the 200 mark roughly, its a very crude test, but resulted in a conclusion, wich was the aim..atb. .ste.
Fear play Ste :thumbs: ,A man with some integrity.I like it :yes: Dont take it to heart buddy, as you said if it got Steve a new rifle it did serve some purpose :yes:;) No one will slag you buddy, just pull your leg about it :laugh: Si

Hey si not taken to heart mate and feel free to pull my leg :-), I agreed toataly with the dismissive comments, I just thaught I would try and explane myself a little, it was never going to be a proper power test, I see it more of an is your rifle knackerd and you dont have a chrono test :) lol

.atb. .ste.