out for a walk

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright matey, i know that they are whippets and VERY nice ones at that. Have a similar look to my 9 month pup, so i was just wondering where they came from and what their breeding (i.e what lines, what sire/dam, grabdsire/dam etc etc etc). You done much with them? :thumbs:

alright mate i havent got a clue of there lines. i got them off a couple in essex they had the dam there when i got them ,she was working so was the sire but never saw him .

ive done some ferreting with them and there both coming on well , seen the lamp a few times the black 1 seems more keen on the lamp at the moment but both doing well

Alright matey, i know that they are whippets and VERY nice ones at that. Have a similar look to my 9 month pup, so i was just wondering where they came from and what their breeding (i.e what lines, what sire/dam, grabdsire/dam etc etc etc). You done much with them? :thumbs:

alright mate i havent got a clue of there lines. i got them off a couple in essex they had the dam there when i got them ,she was working so was the sire but never saw him .

ive done some ferreting with them and there both coming on well , seen the lamp a few times the black 1 seems more keen on the lamp at the moment but both doing well

I'd say (looking at the stamp of them) that they def have laguna breeding in them and at some point an ancester has come from Mike Browns Kennels up in North Wales. They are a credit to you mate, and look very fit. What height and weight are they? And are they both bitches?

[i'd say (looking at the stamp of them) that they def have laguna breeding in them and at some point an ancester has come from Mike Browns Kennels up in North Wales. They are a credit to you mate, and look very fit. What height and weight are they? And are they both bitches?

"Possibly got mike browns in there"......your just clutching at straws they could have owt in them.......

Edited by wuyang

No i'm actually not buddy. Look at that black dog and yes it COULD have anything, but its a 21 / 22 very strongly built whippet, black with a white chest slash, white socks and pricked ears and look the double of about 100 dogs that have come down from those lines including my own. Also as far more working whippets in this country have blood from mikes dogs in them than dont, its a good bet isn't it.

So why clutching at straws? Just cos i mentioned mb?

• 2 weeks later...

nice pair of dogs mate my friend as got one similar to the little bridle one in your pics he seems to think it would only be useful for ferreting when its alittle older but i think it will surprize him what they atualy can do ! what you done with them ????

Edited by benji11

nice pair of dogs mate my friend as got one similar to the little bridle one in your pics he seems to think it would only be useful for ferreting when its alittle older but i think it will surprize him what they atualy can do ! what you done with them ????

cheers mate there both doing well , the brindle 1 seemed to work better when ferreting but took her out on the lamp the other night she had a couple of runs got close ,the black 1 is doing well on the lamp shes catching and retrieving live to hand

nice one keep it up . if i could find a small mouching dog like yours ther would be no reasion to have big dogs!! small ones are easy to handle . what inch are they??????????

the black 1 is 21 inch and the brindle is just tuching 20 thanks for the comments mate :thumbs: