Central scotland pike fishing

I know that most people dont want to tell anyone where there favorite fishing spots are but i'm planning on doin abit of pike fishing this year, mainly on the fly and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of where to go.

I've fished for years but mostly just trout so not sure where to start for pike!!

Any help would be great, Thanks

hi mate

I’m from the north east, and a friend of mine used to fish loch Lomond for pike with good results but not sure how far it is from you and if you have transport.

you are spoilt for chose up there with all them lochs, what I would say is get some local advise on productive areas as this will save you

hours of searching at wherever you decide to fish.

Below is a link of a site you can go to and ask people who will fish your area and will let you know where to start.

Fishing isn’t as political as hunting I find :laugh:

good luck

matt

Pike Anglers' Club of Great Britain

if u want to fish lomond for pike , east shore from balloch to balmaha access mainley a long walk includes endrick bank cladich ross priory and portnellen tbh best fished from a boat ,,, west shore main road balloch to luss includes cameron house golf course and luss short walks but beware access ,, north end ardlui , best access and fishing is by boat no doubt , forget the pits at arden its wiped out by eastern ejits

loch awe mate, unbeatable - www.loch-awe.co.uk its a big water but if you want a few tips let me know. got family up there and fish a couple of times a year. last trip 5 doubles including two 20s to 25lb 6.. from the shore - ace from boat too.

Cheers! Hopefully will get out soon! After all this ice goes off the water.

Is there any places around the lanarkshire area that anyone knows of? Just for closeness for me to get to.

Will try an get to loch lomond and loch awe at some point aswell!

All the best

Cheers! Hopefully will get out soon! After all this ice goes off the water.

Is there any places around the lanarkshire area that anyone knows of? Just for closeness for me to get to.

Will try an get to loch lomond and loch awe at some point aswell!

All the best

hi mate

if your in lanarkshire is there no running water to fish rivers/canals etc????

the north east has some great rivers for piking..

matt