Long Range Rabbits

Good shooting by your mate and i would tell him not to worry about the couple of misses as it will of probably been rabbit fever, it sometimes happens when you get anxious about taking a vital shot,if he is worried about the windage with them distant shots tell him to give a .308 a go as they can hold there target a bit better in the wind or better still a .50 cal.

how the f**k can you see a rabbit at 600+yrds . what glass he got on the rifle?

To be fair you don't need anything all that special to "SEE" them at 600 yards, you do need something pretty reasonable to have a chance of hitting them at that distance though, and half decent mounts, and ammo, etc etc etc! :thumbs:

• 4 months later...

Out yesterday with my mate doing a bit of long range rabbiting . He was shooting his .243 and I was very impressed.

He started off on a couple at 425 yds and 437 yds no problem at all . Then took a couple at 570 yds and 575 yds and ended on the furthest one at 612 yds. AWESOME SHOOTING

Here is a pic of the distance involved , if you look at the snow at the top of the opposite bank that is where the rabbits were situated !!! :icon_eek:

post-29-0-71915500-1293973379_thumb.jpg

[/quote

JUST NOW SAW THIS POST .WAS GOING TO KEEP STUM BUT f**k IT .I KNOW EVERY INCH OF THAT GROUND :thumbs:

its a shame he never asked the keeper if he could shoot over that valley because he never :tongue2:

bad habbits are hard to break :toast: nice shooting any way :thumbs: bet he never mentioned he didnt have permission eh lol

Edited by woodga