For God's sake: the guy is asking for advice: :censored:

First off, most dogs, unless totally confident in their space, with their companions etc will feel the need to guard their food. I have some dogs which need to be fed totally away and separate from the other dogs or they will growl, or bolt their food too fast. So I feed them totally separate: simple!

If a pup at 4 months old growls when the other dog is near, then that is because it is worried that the other dog will take its food. Don't put the pup in that position and you won't have a problem. The people who say to give the dog a size 10 up its arse are idiots. Agression leads to more agression, so give the pup some space to eat its food in peace and quiet and don't interfere with a dog whilst its eating, EXCEPT to add more bits of food to the bowl. Dogs quickly realise that you aren't about to take their food, as you have found out yourself, but they also know that other dogs are not the same as the human that feeds them, hence the need to defend the food.

I would never allow a dog to stand over another dog, whatever its age, whilst it is eating: it leads to being possessive over food, and could lead to more problems. If a dog is totally confident then it won't need to growl. A pup of 4 months won't feel that it is equal, nor should it, to an adult dog, so feed it alone and out of sight of the other dog. That should resolve your problem. What you are seeing is totally normal dog behaviour, but in the wild the pup would run off with its food to eat it somewhere safe away from other pups and adults: it can't do that in a domestic situation so you must provide the safe place yourself. Hope this helps.

For God's sake: the guy is asking for advice: :censored:

First off, most dogs, unless totally confident in their space, with their companions etc will feel the need to guard their food. I have some dogs which need to be fed totally away and separate from the other dogs or they will growl, or bolt their food too fast. So I feed them totally separate: simple!

If a pup at 4 months old growls when the other dog is near, then that is because it is worried that the other dog will take its food. Don't put the pup in that position and you won't have a problem. The people who say to give the dog a size 10 up its arse are idiots. Agression leads to more agression, so give the pup some space to eat its food in peace and quiet and don't interfere with a dog whilst its eating, EXCEPT to add more bits of food to the bowl. Dogs quickly realise that you aren't about to take their food, as you have found out yourself, but they also know that other dogs are not the same as the human that feeds them, hence the need to defend the food.

I would never allow a dog to stand over another dog, whatever its age, whilst it is eating: it leads to being possessive over food, and could lead to more problems. If a dog is totally confident then it won't need to growl. A pup of 4 months won't feel that it is equal, nor should it, to an adult dog, so feed it alone and out of sight of the other dog. That should resolve your problem. What you are seeing is totally normal dog behaviour, but in the wild the pup would run off with its food to eat it somewhere safe away from other pups and adults: it can't do that in a domestic situation so you must provide the safe place yourself. Hope this helps.

thanks skycat that's all i needed to know,more than helps, didn't think it was to much to ask ,no longer a problem :notworthy:

ok so if i was to take her food off her she is fine,put my hand in her bowl no worries but the other day after i had fed her out side(normally feed her in the crate) she was just mopping up the last dregs of her bowl when my other dog went over for a sniff,you know like they do and the pup let out some warning growls as i said the bowl was near empty so nothing came of it bearing in mind she only 4 month old and would not stand a chance with my lump of a bullx,so tonight fed her in her crate with the other dog just standing there watching her and she started again,iv had litter sisters in the past that were very aggressive over food with each other and just wondered is this going to be another case of separating them at feeding time which is not a problem what so ever or can i get around this,these dogs are with each other dam near 24/7 with no worries over anything else at all,any tips lads cheers rob

genuine reply not looking for a row like some twats on here but i reckon its a case of feed them seperate once food possesive always the same,i dont beleive theres any cure imo atb mate ryan

ok so if i was to take her food off her she is fine,put my hand in her bowl no worries but the other day after i had fed her out side(normally feed her in the crate) she was just mopping up the last dregs of her bowl when my other dog went over for a sniff,you know like they do and the pup let out some warning growls as i said the bowl was near empty so nothing came of it bearing in mind she only 4 month old and would not stand a chance with my lump of a bullx,so tonight fed her in her crate with the other dog just standing there watching her and she started again,iv had litter sisters in the past that were very aggressive over food with each other and just wondered is this going to be another case of separating them at feeding time which is not a problem what so ever or can i get around this,these dogs are with each other dam near 24/7 with no worries over anything else at all,any tips lads cheers rob

genuine reply not looking for a row like some twats on here but i reckon its a case of feed them seperate once food possesive always the same,i dont beleive theres any cure imo atb mate ryan

no worries mate as i said years ago to get over it i just fed separate so not a problem,your right though certainly are some twats on here cheers :thumbs: