Wood pigeon are a relative to our dove.

This is the traditional way we do dove round our parts.

A previous post in this forum: jalepeno, cheese, onion, bacon wrapped dove

Night before last I used this recipe: dove in madeira sauce

A bit labor intensive but unbelievably good!

I used 1/2 the recommended amount of butter.

The second half of our split dove season has just started and I hope to get a few more.

Cheers,

Mark

slice the breasts off them and fry them up in a little oil, I like mine well done (prepares to be slated) can't stand the sight of blood on my plate, I serve mine warm with a mustard vinaigrette and tossed salad with plenty of peppery rocket :)

I have had pigeon cooked in many ways but one of the best (in my opinion) is to have it in a stir-fry. Simply slice very thin slices off the breast and fry in a wok with a little oil, soy sauce and and black bean sauce with all the usual stir-fry ingredients, bean sprouts etc. Takes about three minutes and is delicious.

Rolfe.

just a good old pie ... pan fried with an onion and musroom .slow cooked pigeon stew .. pasties . stick it in a wok chinese style . add any sauces sweet n sour curry .and serve with rice. all good .... pan fry serve with king prawns saled and lemon easy snack great starter ...

i did this one last night it was great. you will need:

whole pigeons (as many as you want)

sesame seed or groundnut oil

a knob of butter

salt n pepper

heat up a large pan until very hot with the oil and butter bubbling, brown the whole pigeons in it on every side. cover in more ol, butter ans seasoning and pop the pan in oven at 170c for 20 minutes (longer or shorter depending on how you like your meat, rare, well done ect) cover in foil and relax in a 130 oven for 10 minutes. lovely tender meat perfectly pink and rich.