About To Put In For My Irish FAC

Guest Ditch_Shitter

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Usual Irish inertia, mate. It's down the nick, four miles down the road. No way have I the time or energy to walk down there, just to find the buggers out. I rang a number I found on the web, but that got me through - I now realise - to the old Gard. I have so much going on right now I really only think of it every few days.

I'll ring Carrick again and ask them for this guys direct number. Once I know he'll be there, I'll find a way.

Oh, by the way; The Hoodies are getting more brazen by the day! Soon they'll be ignoring me completely. One minces around on my field even as I go about my business in my tard here. Take him out dead easy then. The female's a bit more sneaky, but I can take her from my sheds :yes:

Guest Frank
Feck the hoodie's and the little 4 mile treck.. :blink: .. if my cert had just come through but not trough the door i would be getting a taxi or using shank's pony to get to the local plod shop ASAP to claim my god given cert..

Now go get it tommorow aswell as a good bit of kit.. ;) .. and go crack some gear and stick some pic's up.

Ill be looking and waiting for some much needed info.. :yes: ..

Millet

:clapper: Exactly Millet, 4 miles, feck, i walk 5 to 6 miles a day, just excercising the whippet. :icon_eek:

Dying to see this rifle mate, as it sounds a cracker. :yes: Go get it Ditch. :D:drink:

Frank.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Please, lads! Calm down! Get with the Irisg groove, in fact :D

It's going to cost me nearly a Grand in Euro's to fetch this muvva back home yet. I simply haven't got that sort of money at the moment and things are happening around me that are making it A/ Unlikely that I will have, for a bit. And yet B/ Quite likely that I may quite soon be considering chopping this ugly little gun in for the very best CZ has to offer in the same calibre! Things are afoot in the world of Ditch Shitter! Be like me. Think of how remorelessly I plod along after a mink. I take the steady haul up the long view road, me.

Having said that, what I don't do is waste an entire couple of hours out of my extremely busy day, just to plod down to the plod and find the bugger not there! I can rip up an awful lot of juncus in two hours. That makes me far superior hay. That feeds my 'stock better and for longer and saves me a month of sundays removing waste. See how I need to think here? I own a small holding. Things need to be done in priority and having a bit of paper on my desk while the land goes to ruin doesn't inspire me.

Anyway, I'm getting interesting noises from my british solicitor. But she's now out of the office till the sixteenth. Watch this space. By the end of the year I may well be a relatively 'Rich' Ditch Shitter! Be able to afford my CluLite then too. Actually get to shoot something, at last! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Frank

Them police where you are Ditch, must be well patient? :blink:

As, i know, that if you dont collect your cert within 10 days of it being issiued, it is void, basicly, you wont get it. :icon_eek:

So, where is it mate, spill the beans? :hmm::D

Frank.

Guest Ditch_Shitter
As, i know, that if you dont collect your cert within 10 days of it being issiued, it is void, basicly, you wont get it.

Oh? I never knew that. Issued on 21/03 so that's me well shafted then. End of.

I know ye were on about the Buffalo, Mac ;) Like I say: I'd pay that bit extra ~ if I ever thought I'd aquire the guns to fill it.

Anyway; Someone's just PM'd to ask what gives, thus far. Timely! (Have you got inside information, mate?!) So here, to keep ye all up to date, is the Very Latest:

I got all four Permissions and sorted out visiting the Garda. That I did some days ago. Last week, I imagine? I met the man himself and we had a chat. Must say; The Irish Gards strike me as being very cunningly trained. They're not at all like British Police. I've noticed how they seem to use a ploy of deliberatly making themselves seem like 'thick, rural' types. Then lash out with a piercingly astute question and almost look at ye as if to say; " There! Didn't expect That from a slow old Paddy, did ye?! ". Well, I've dealt with more than one of these older, wiser tacticions and they have my fullest respect. They're no bloody slouches! :icon_eek:

My man did the expected routine then. Licked his pencil. Asked me to spell things ~ 'slowly' ~ and popped a couple of questions that made my finer hairs stand up. He wasn't missing a trick. But then, nor was I out to pull any. I told and gave him everything he asked for and we parted, seemingly, on good terms. He said it may take five weeks.

Tonight, at 22:00, my phone rang! " GARDA " it told me! WTF?! It was my man. Said he was just filling out my paper work. He just wanted to know if I had my safe bought and installed yet. I haven't, as it happens, because I'm skint this month and shall be damn skint next too, after shelling out 200 E's for that safe. I noticed how he seemed quite 'insistant' on enquiring wether or not I'd ordered it, paid a deposit, or what with my Gun Smith. Mark that point!

So I told him, " I'm getting an INFAC. Nice one. All the big, sliding bolts 'n all :yes: ". He asked me to spell INFAC .....

Of course. That got me refocused on the whole deal and, knowing he opens very late, I decided to call my Gunny, there and then, and have a word about buying the safe ..... Guess what? Aye! Ye saw this coming, eh?

He was tied up at that moment and said he'd call me tomorrow as he " Wanted a word with me. " Now, of course, I'm shitting myself over what about! But he did mention, during a swift and almost garbled exchange: " I had a call from the Gard ~ about half an hour ago. " :icon_eek:

That crafty old fox! My man had already spoken to my Gunny! He knew damn well I'd niether bought, nor even put a deposit on a safe just yet! He wanted to see if I'd bull shit him! :o

Well, thankfully, I may be a slightly off beat old Dog Hugger who shits in a ditch. But I can tell ye now: Ditch Shitter is no Bullshitter! Just imagine, if I'd swanned into one about, " Oh yes; I have my name attatched to one at my Dealers. I'll be picking it up as soon as I get over there. " He'd have scratched straight through that 'Paper Work' with a red pen: Of Dishonest Character!

I'll let ye all know what's next; After I speak to the Gun Dealer again.

Keep everything crossed for me!

As, i know, that if you dont collect your cert within 10 days of it being issiued, it is void, basicly, you wont get it.

Oh? I never knew that. Issued on 21/03 so that's me well shafted then. End of.

Surley not? :cry:

Just read the whole god dam post and it end with that :laugh:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Ok guys, look; I thank ye all for ye concerns and appreciate ye enthusiasm about seeing my gun and so forth. But can I just say something and lay this thing to rest for now? Please?

I am, as I write, just about carrying the weight of the whole damn world on my skinny shoulders. My heart is breaking. I'm stressed out beyond measure. I have so much on my mind I can't think straight. The f*cking gun is the least of my worries right now.

Saying that; I just - for you lot, more than myself - rang the central station for the area. Gard there seemed to wonder what the hell I was talking about when I mentioned the ten day thing. Maybe Frank was trying to poke me? What ever.

I'll ring them tomorrow and ask that the damn thing be sent back to them. Then I can breeze down there in a taxi any old evening I choose and pick it up. I'll then sell a small fortune's worth of personal investment and buy the bloody gun. You'll all be treated to photo's and ~ ye know me ~ plenty of talk about it.

Only, just now, I have a couple of deeply personal absolute f*cking nightmares to deal with that are tearing me apart as I type.

Can we Please leave the rifle alone for a bit? It's one more trouble I don't need to be pressed to think about right now.

Thanks.

Yours in tears.

Ditch Shitter.

Guest Frank
Maybe Frank was trying to poke me? What ever.

Ditch Shitter.

:no: No lad, far from it, im going by experince. :yes: Each district division seems to be different over here.

They make it up as they go along.

When i first got my .22lr cert, i was told, i have 10 days to pick it up, or it would be void. :blink::yes:

Ditch, something tells me mate, not all is cracked up to what it seems. :hmm:

Ill leave you alone, as you seem not in the mood to dicuss this anymore, but, its no problem you know, if you have not got it. ;)

All the best,

Frank.