Spring air rifle shooting.

Tbt is s drop in kit I heared highly recommended by a few people iv met at at an airgun range and they did make a big difference. Here's a vid review....

Kit available here.....

http://www.airrifletuning.com/products/

From what iv seen this kit transformed their guns making the action quieter and with a moderator made them shoot with less of a muzzle crack. I'll pop mod in post for you sat am.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and Gentlemen.   This is a case for the oldest, noblest and, in my humble opinion, the finest sporting air rifle type of all. The spring-piston powered air rifle. Yes, PCPs are accurate; som

Great post!!   I've been shooting for a couple of years now, completely self taught, and its great to hear advice like this! Its all very basic but absolutely spot on. With out the basics your skill

Another photo.

Posted Images

It makes a very clear difference on mine (I even went out and fired a few shots to double check) and for the difference it makes would happily spend the money on it doing again in the future.

Okay Tom. You have one of the few examples where it works out. I've not had the same benefits of fitting them to mine. I have a silencer on my HW80 .22 and it makes no difference to my ears. But heyho, perhaps, there are some that work well, where others (like mine!) have not?!

• Like 1

Tbt is s drop in kit I heared highly recommended by a few people iv met at at an airgun range and they did make a big difference. Here's a vid review....

Kit available here.....

http://www.airrifletuning.com/products/

From what iv seen this kit transformed their guns making the action quieter and with a moderator made them shoot with less of a muzzle crack. I'll pop mod in post for you sat am.

ok thanks matey

Interestingly enough Simon, I bought a Swift Stumpy mod for my TX200HC and it does make a difference. My wife can tell straight away if I'm shooting in the garden if I don't have it on. The stumpy is shared with another gun and sometimes I can't be bothered to change them back over.

Guys, when Simon says he put pellets on pellets with my TX, my god did he just, a perfect round hole with Five pellets in, bloody marvelous, I had all on to get them in a 2'' group but there again compared to Mac and Simon, I am crap but better than I was then......................just.

Passed your house last week on the way home from Suffolk Simon but as I had a car full, I didn't want to drop in on you mate, that would not have been fair.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Mikey, Wurz, Ste, Treganin and Trev.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to read my thread lads. My previous encounter with SMK Trev, was a few chinese B2 type air rifles which were bloody horrible. They have improved things dramatically since they began copying the Weihrauch HW99 and HW95K as far as looks and handling go. I found the metalwork and blueing to be better quality but, a bit second division still. But, I'm told the accuracy of their barrels is excellent nowadays. If this rifle fits you better than your brother's HW35 you can shoot more accurately and effectively with one, then you probably have good gun-fit with this rifle and thus, you will perform well with it. Maybe I'll answer Treganin's request and post a note about gun-fit, which covers the all-important scope-fit of the rifle to the shooter.

I'm dying to write a review of my new HW77 but that's going to wait until I get a second crack at getting it to Tony Wall at Sandwell Field Sports for his tuning magic to be worked on it. I'm shooting it in, while the weather is poor so I can better judge the level of improvement his work should bring to the rifle. For now, it has my faithfull old Bushnell Scopechief 4-14X50 scope fitted and, my God; it's so good on target accuracy I'm going to have to force myself to take out my other spring rifles to keep them running sweet this coming year!

Mikey, it would be great to meet up over a pint at a shooting match! Sure I'll let you know where mate. toast.gif

Ste get that BSA Supersport crackin buddy, and get your skills back with it too. It'll really tell you how much you've changed your instincts when you return to shooting a spring rifle, if you've been shooting exclusively with a PCP for some considerable time. You'll soon get your hold technique sorted and, it'll improve your pcp shooting too. thumbs.gif

All the very best to you all Gentlemen.

Simon

I look forward to the review on the 77 got to be my favorite springer got a newer 97k but I always find myself picking the 77k up when I go out

Do sandwell just fit new spring

spring guide and Top hat polish piston and trigger

Or do the fit synthetic bearings aswell

Like a v glide atb

• Like 1

I've never shot a sfs tuned gun pianoman what's involved is it like a drop in kit with trigger etc polished

Or is it like a v mach different comp tube and piston running on synthetic bearings plus tophat spring guide cheers

You can buy a drop-in kit from Sandwell that has all that you list. The spring guide is individually profiled to the spring and the SFS kit I have fitted to my HW97K .177 is really fantastic.

But for answers to technical questions, the best people to ask are Sandwell Field Sports themselves. They are a really friendly and helpful shop! :thumbs:

WOOOAAHH! Hold on to your cash and heed the good advice here obywon. A silencer on ANY spring rifle is really not worth the expense for how little difference there is to muffling the muzzle crack. They can't do a thing to silence the spring piston action being released on the trigger.

And nothing can be done to soften the thwack of a pellet hitting a rabbit's skull. :hmm:

I agree missing hitting mud or cracking a rabbit noise will scare the rest

But if you have a tuned gun like a venom or even an walther lgv out the box the difference in noise when you fit a silencer is undeniable there is hardly no spring noise anyway so fit a silencer and the muzzle crack is gone

Massive difference atb

• Like 1

An A&M Marksman on my .22 TX makes a very small difference in noise when I'm stood 30yrds away - We tested it at the range last week. With or without, the actual noise from the rifle was very quiet.

Adding the silencer did drop my POI by around 3/4" at 30yrds.