nice knives but one thing ive learned to make a good stopper so when gutting in dark or lo lite [bANNED TEXT] hand will not slip when wet i like a good feel to a knife thatdoesnt slip when its wet or grimy ,i like a knife thats has one whole handle not 2 halves but still good kifes all the same

Hi

Here's a couple I made..

I hammered the blade out for this from a piece of packing steel at work, i used a large bas**rd file to shift the metal then to finish, i used emery wrapped round a piece of wood, progressively finer grade, this was over twenty five years ago..

It's a bit big to call a knife really :icon_redface:

ABIGGIE2-1.jpg

Here's another that's a little bit too big to call a knife (short sword really)..

The blade on this was a high carbon sharpening steel!!, warmed up with Oxy Acetylene and hammered out on an anvil (same as the other!)..

For the hilt/knuckle guard i carved some pine and made a mould, melted some brass and poured it into two moulds (i work in a foundry) then finished by hand (didn't have any fancy power tools back then :whistling: )

knifehomemade7.jpg

knifehomemade2.jpg

A couple of files here, hammered out and shaped, this time with machines!!! (no aching hands or back :boogie: )

They still need finishing though the pig sticker really now just needs handling as it's just about fully polished..

PICT7185.jpg

I don't seem to have any pics of the others i've done..

Here's some antler/ horn etc for when i can get back into my garage to carry on! (it's so full of carp that i can't get in :thumbdown:

abunchofhorn.jpg

Some blades (the pig sticker is the second down on the left)

abunchofblades.jpg

Some more antler (fiver at the carboot for this little lot!!)

antlerbooty.jpg

John :)

• 1 month later...

Some fantastic work there, Fish & John.

Handy tools John for clearing some "scrub" when working. Great photos and post.

ive made one,,then tryed another out of an old file but it snaped :icon_eek: was metal wrong or is it the heat you need before rapidly cooling it?just love to make knives,any help would be much appr,,atb mick :thumbs: