I have customised several blades now, and getting better after each one. I'm a bit lucky, as i can do a lot of the work at work in my breaks and my mate is a knifemaker and he recently let me borrow some of his sanding gear, which also saved lots of time and effort, but it can all be easily done with files and sandpaper.

I will put a few links up to articles i did on another site, as it would take me ages to put it all on here again. I hope you can see it all ok.

http://jacksshed.myfreeforum.org/Latest_knife_about6490.html

• 2 weeks later...

I have customised several blades now, and getting better after each one. I'm a bit lucky, as i can do a lot of the work at work in my breaks and my mate is a knifemaker and he recently let me borrow some of his sanding gear, which also saved lots of time and effort, but it can all be easily done with files and sandpaper.

I will put a few links up to articles i did on another site, as it would take me ages to put it all on here again. I hope you can see it all ok.

http://jacksshed.myfreeforum.org/Latest_knife_about6490.html

Hi, have you had a look on British Blades Forum. plenty of hints and tips there. all the best.

Thanks very much Duckwing, and Best Wishes to you. I've not forgotten the Bee Hive either, just not had a chance to drop it off.

Tom,- They are very nice knives indeed, and also those of your dad. Great work.

made several knives started when the foot and mouth was on as kind a hemmed in for a while , used stainless and carbon , for blades and as for handles box wood flamed birch bone , horn , and got a slab of black curly walnut , made several but not for a while good hobby sold a few and gave a few mates little chipper smith has one and a few others made one for dsleght another pal he used it on purdys progress for gutting rabbs stil has it ,the hardest thing for me was to get the solid bits of horn betweeen the stags head and antler but got a source ,good winter hobby or any time , sent a few to america thye liked them ,used mora and other good qality steel blades

GIN ,

NO WORRIES MATE , .......... YOU WILL HAVE TO E - MAIL ME A FEW PICS OF YOUR WORK ,

I NEVER BOTHER GOING ON JACKSHED ..... THERES ONE OR TWO DECENT FOLK BUT .......FAR TOOOOOO MANY BULLSHITE ARTISTS ON THERE LIVING IN FANTASY LAND ..... :thumbdown:

I PREFER NOT TO WASTE MY TIME ..... ITS TOO PRECIOUS !

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING