JACKER

If I run my dog in heat, or during a phantom she will jack, she just doesn't have the pace and she knows it. Soon as she is fit again she's like a differnt dog.

lots of reason why they throw the towel in.

one thing i can guarentie, how ever fit you get your bitch as soon as it gets hard goiong or she fills overmatched shell skid. iv give dogs benifit of the doubt that jammed on, and it might be a day a week or a year but thell do it again. once they know theres any easy way out thell take it. and yes i blame myself for causing some dogs to jack im only human and have made mistakes in the past but others do it for no apperant reason.

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right lets say that you have a dog 100% running fit and very well bred with no jackers in its line and entered properly what other reason might it jack what no body has mentioned??????   It could co

too easy for too long , small tests as the young dog progresses , be it on young , paired up or helped out , a dog thats had it easy all its life on the back of another dog can soon get out of their d

i think one question that should be asked, if your dog pulls up is? are you a dog man or just a man with a dog?.far too many young lads are to keen to run the shite out of a hound,to young then its th

malc1 one running 3 1/2 month old pups and claiming they turn out world beaters :thumbs:

i was looking for that tread,think theirs a lad meeting up with him next week 2 see how the super pup runs ,

malc1 never said anything about a super pup,but you sound like a right f**king prick.

well it must be a super pup catching rabbits at 3 1/2 months ,and if any 1 prick its you and him for thinking you can run a dog that young :wallbash:

recipe for disaster! Poor f****r won't last half a season and will more than likely end it's carier before it's old enough for it to begin. As i was gona say, number 1 reason for a dog jacking.>> ''THE FOOL HOLDING THE LEAD!'' << :doh:

Spot on

malc1 one running 3 1/2 month old pups and claiming they turn out world beaters :thumbs:

i was looking for that tread,think theirs a lad meeting up with him next week 2 see how the super pup runs ,

malc1 never said anything about a super pup,but you sound like a right f**king prick.

well it must be a super pup catching rabbits at 3 1/2 months ,and if any 1 prick its you and him for thinking you can run a dog that young :wallbash:

The so-called "super pup" of malc 1's is now an adult dog and is not showing any signs of jacking from what I've heard.......super pup was never mentioned in the thread you are on about.

Out of interest how old is the pup you ran last night that caught 3?

i know super dog was,nt mentioned ,but it must me 2 catch at that early,the pup you refering 2 is 11 month ,did,nt do any type of work till he was 10 month,show him the lamp first with a seasoned dog,half a dozen times out got 13 and then the bad weather came ,out last night got 3 ,just blodding along nicely ,nothing 2 hard,just the way it should be

Edited by rocky1

The so-called "super pup" of malc 1's is now an adult dog and is not showing any signs of jacking from what I've heard.......super pup was never mentioned in the thread you are on about.

i know super dog was,nt mentioned ,but it must me 2 catch at that early,the pup you refering 2 is 11 month ,did,nt do any type of work till he was 10 month,show him the lamp first with a seasoned dog,half a dozen times out got 13 and then the bad weather came ,out last night got 3 ,just blodding along nicely ,nothing 2 hard,just the way it should be

:thumbs: I don't think malc was letting the pup have run after run on rabbits at 3 1/2 months it just happened to catch one at that age.........I think people mis-understood the post and jumped on it when they thought that he was running the dog at that age.Though he was taking it along to learn its trade "not" do its trade.........Its easy to condemn things that people do especially if its not the norm but its that age old saying "different strokes for different blokes" :thumbs:

too easy for too long , small tests as the young dog progresses , be it on young , paired up or helped out , a dog thats had it easy all its life on the back of another dog can soon get out of their depth when on their own , eg , a 30 year old bloke of the street never boxed in his life , starts boxing , or some young kid brought up boxing from a boxing/rough background at 30 , ones conditioned mentally wich is the key thing , ive got dogs that on paper shouldnt do a certan job but in the feild will die trying ,and thats due to carefull entering a well developed bond with the dog and lastly good breeding atb

Makes alot of sense that :thumbs:

Like your signature poem too :thumbs:

:thumbs: I don't think malc was letting the pup have run after run on rabbits at 3 1/2 months it just happened to catch one at that age.........I think people mis-understood the post and jumped on it when they thought that he was running the dog at that age.Though he was taking it along to learn its trade "not" do its trade.........Its easy to condemn things that people do especially if its not the norm but its that age old saying "different strokes for different blokes" :thumbs:

i agree mate 100%,but thats the thing with this site ,ifits not the majortitiy then your doing it wrong

i agree mate 100%,but thats the thing with this site ,ifits not the majortitiy then your doing it wrong

:thumbs:

too easy for too long , small tests as the young dog progresses , be it on young , paired up or helped out , a dog thats had it easy all its life on the back of another dog can soon get out of their depth when on their own , eg , a 30 year old bloke of the street never boxed in his life , starts boxing , or some young kid brought up boxing from a boxing/rough background at 30 , ones conditioned mentally wich is the key thing , ive got dogs that on paper shouldnt do a certan job but in the feild will die trying ,and thats due to carefull entering a well developed bond with the dog and lastly good breeding atb

Makes alot of sense that :thumbs:

Like your signature poem too :thumbs:

.......... thats one , of my own doing :thumbs: .......

i take mine out at 8 weeks,and the name you call your self tells me a lot about you

,its my pups name ,the reason behind was had alitter 11 months ago bitch had a bad time of it had 2 get cut open briught 9 pups home 8 died with in days of each other and hand reared him he was our fighter hence the name ,it come 2 somthing when people bitching about user names, :thumbdown: Edited by rocky1
  • Like 1

u have to know what you doing and condition them liek finely tune athletes they are, but just as important is breeding too many people breeding off average stock .if a jackers in the line you have its hard to get it out of line, and will pop its ugly head up somewhere down the line in the future

my bitch jacked once at about 13 month old, she was running on flint and cut her foot, she ran for about 3 minutes in the sun and stopped and laid down and when i tried to get her back up her legs had gone, i though she was going to have a fit ..since then ive been out lots of times and had long courses for 4 minutes and killed them, she has kept going after losing the quarry in a hedge after a 2/3 minutes coursing and then still tried to get to it when its half way across the fen, they dont always keep jacking even if there is no chance of getting the quarry. depends on why they jacked in the first place ..some jack coz they just dont have heart, like a lot of fighters ive seen, once they think they cannot win and get tired they get hit with half a shot and go down ..instead of holding out and hoping the quarry/opponet makes a mistake. they have either got it or they dont but getting hard runs too early makes them give up, like putting a young kid in the ring with someone a lot better and him getting batterd, it will dishearten him and make him think 'f**k this.

depends on alot of things and what is classed as a jacker??? a bull cross that kills foxes for fun but quits after a 2 min run on a hare??? or a saluki cross that kills hares for fun after 10 min runs but wont face a fox??? dont ask a dog to do what it cant and get a dog that does what it can :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1