• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats one form of hunting that seems popular on here

Posted Images

About an hour or two after dark, but if your doing it when your not meant to be then when they are in bed!!!!

or what i do is take the springer aswell then if they pull me up i'm just walking the dog's, is it illegal to walk dog's with a torch???

NO!!!! but i always stay on the foot path in the fields

I find there is more out after twelvish but some places there's loads as soon as its dark. I think the places where there is more out later the rabbits are harder I e. Round the doors. As it is hammerd all the time so I think all the slow rabbits are killed and the fast ones are left to breed. Could be wrong likr any one else think this?

When I was at the lamping I used to find that around midnight that rabbits were at their furthest from home and their bellies tended to be at their fullest, if it slowed them down I don't know.

Another thing I noticed that sometimes a full moon mightn't be up till 10 or so, so you might get an early hour in or the full moon might be gone in the early hours so you might get an ealy morning in.

we normally go as late as possible, but last night we were in the feild for 8 , didnt see anything , went a few miles up the road and missed a fox , ...... but got 2 of his mates :laugh: am in the midlands , the ground was perfect last night , and the rabbits were sitting tight , a few of the foxes were lampshy but the later it got the lighter it was getting so called it a night , 2 foxes by 9 , and still 2 at 12.30 :hmm: