A SAD LOSS TO THE TERRIER WORLD

I'm sad to report that Dave Bonnett of the North Wales Terrier & Lurcher Club passed away suddenly on Sunday 12th December. Dave was instrumental in setting up the North Wales Terrier & Lurcher Club, he was and always will be in our memories a proper gentleman, a true sportsman and a terrierman the likes of which there are very few today.

Dave will be deeply missed by all who knew him, not just for the sort of man that he was, but also for his dedication to promoting and protecting terrierwork and the working terrier.

Dave's funeral will take place at 11:30am on Wednesday 22nd December at Mochdre Crematorium, Mochdre, Colwyn Bay, Conwy LL28 4YN.

My deepest condolences to Dave's wife Lyn, his family and his friends.

Barrie

Edited by Barrie

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

COME HUNT WITH ME AT THE DAWN OF DAY, O'RE THE MOORLAND MOUNTAIN AND SCREE, FOLLOW ME TILL THE END OF DAY, THEN JOIN ME IN HARMONY,   NO GREATER PLEASURE CAN BE FOUND, I HOPE YOU WILL

I'd known Dave for a number of years and had spent time with him recently! he made me smile with his gentle demeanour and outlook on life, I found out early on Monday morning of his passing and have w

Dave was gentleman and a good friend, a dedicated terrierman in all respects his work with the club, the hunt, countryside Alliance, you name it if it helped promote terrier work he was there A great

I'd known Dave for a number of years and had spent time with him recently! he made me smile with his gentle demeanour and outlook on life, I found out early on Monday morning of his passing and have waited till now to comment! my condolence's and thoughts are with his family at this time!

I have lost a dear friend and a sometime drinking partner, a man who was generous in spirit and in his friendship. I love visiting Wales but my next journey will be tinged with sadness to say farewell to a man of dignity who was also very humble as well as a great raconteur!!

God Bless, Dave Bonnet!!

Tom

47385_148008175220519_100000340123516_344775_8346273_n.jpg

• Like 1

Dave was gentleman and a good friend, a dedicated terrierman in all respects his work with the club, the hunt, countryside Alliance, you name it if it helped promote terrier work he was there

A great loss to the terrier and hunting world

My thoughts are with his wife and children at this very sad time

R.I.P Mate

• Like 1

Dave will be sadly missed he was more than a freind . a true terrier man a a genuin honest guy he was like a brother to me i have enjoyed some great times both in the pub and in the field guys like him are few and far between no words can express the loss of such a man .. my heart goes out to his wife and family . r.i.p Dave