LOST/FOUND/DUMPED DOGS - EVEN MORE

In the last 3 weeks alone in two kennels we have 10 YES 10 found lurcher/grey/saluki types. 6 from Barnsley area & 4 from Mansfield Area

How many claimed NONE- NOT ONE!! Now we know these dogs have been looked after, some are very thin- dont think you should see every rib from start to end but if no one claiming them - where are

A - all the people who have dogs missing

B- all the dogs that belong to the people who have them missing

This is just two kennels. Why is no one claiming them back?? Its not that they are all injured -one was it went straight to vets for injuries to its feet, but Im talking lurchers, saluki x, proper dogs.

Surely they not all 'throwaways'? If this is going to keep happening it will be even harder to defend people who work there dogs because everyone will get tarred with same brush.

In the last 3 weeks alone in two kennels we have 10 YES 10 found lurcher/grey/saluki types. 6 from Barnsley area & 4 from Mansfield Area

How many claimed NONE- NOT ONE!! Now we know these dogs have been looked after, some are very thin- dont think you should see every rib from start to end but if no one claiming them - where are

A - all the people who have dogs missing

B- all the dogs that belong to the people who have them missing

This is just two kennels. Why is no one claiming them back?? Its not that they are all injured -one was it went straight to vets for injuries to its feet, but Im talking lurchers, saluki x, proper dogs.

Surely they not all 'throwaways'? If this is going to keep happening it will be even harder to defend people who work there dogs because everyone will get tarred with same brush.

so if it aint a saluki its not a proper dog

No - thats not what I meant. I meant proper lurchers as in dogs crossed to get the dog wanted for the job. Beddy/whippets/Wolfie/collies.

Yes there are a couple of standard greyhounds. BUT most are x bred.

Working terriers- over this last couple of months theres been a few of them picked up as well- mainly pat or pat x but no one come in for them either.

All I tried to say & the people who know me will tell you- I will do my damdest to get anyones dogs back working or not. But all these dogs belong to someone, yet no one claims them, no one offers them a home, no one wants them as a companion dog or a pet.

So its left to the rescues- to get them out of the pounds ( Worksop DO NOT PTS) but most of the others do. I like staffies but I also like lurchers - so I try to help as many as I can.

If you could take a picture of your dogs- or if your dogs missing send a pic over. 6 in Barnsley area- thats shocking - there isnt that many working lads over this way & they would prob know whos dogs they are anyway.

all the threads on the site of ppl lost salukix offering rewards and there is that amount of dogs unclaimed

thats bad crack :thumbdown::no:

not saying these dogs belonged to anybody on this site but to the lads on the site that has had dogs of these types lost or stolen it may be worth having a look as any one of them may be one that has been stolen from someone on the site

Its hard to explain- unless you see it yourself. I am a Co-Ordinator for Doglost, I run my own rescue but I also walk & help out at the kennels where my own dogs are kept.

A fair few people seeing old marks & scars on a dog- chuck the dummy out & get all arsey bout things. I dont. Not all these dogs are/were marked. But they all belonged to someone.

I was refering to last two weeks which have been worse than ever. We check this site because if the dogs are stolen/missing - you need to know what been found & the chance to get dog back.

My point was and still is - who the hell owns all these dogs- they dont just drop to earth in spaceships. We have staffies by the dozen as always, but huskies, spaniels, jrts, these arent all crappy mongrels. Labradors,

Take a look at this - these are STRAY DOGS -- http://www.lostdogsyorkshire.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=693608 in a West Yorkshire pound today.

Some will be reclaimed. BUT most wont. We could just leave them there & in two weeks time- stop worrying about them -they wont be there. They will be replaced by another batch.

Edited by tracyb - Doglost