Geese on Solway

no there was 42000 pinks there so youre stroked big lad

and you should NOT believe ALL you read ???????? shame that those so called experts cant tell the difference between Barnacle Grey- Lag and Pinkfeet????? a bit like aplace i no in Linc's where 40,000 Pinks was reported eeeerrrrrm some people can identify and count others have not a clue about both. Just to add i do know what 60,000+ Pinks together look like :tongue2:

• 4 weeks later...

no there was 42000 pinks there so youre stroked big lad

and you should NOT believe ALL you read ???????? shame that those so called experts cant tell the difference between Barnacle Grey- Lag and Pinkfeet????? a bit like aplace i no in Linc's where 40,000 Pinks was reported eeeerrrrrm some people can identify and count others have not a clue about both. Just to add i do know what 60,000+ Pinks together look like :tongue2:

http://www.shootingtimes.co.uk/news/510269/Wildfowling__quotUnprecedented_numbersquot_of_pinkfeet_on_the_Solway.html

Suggests otherwise, and this bloke is an expert.

End to Statutory Suspension of Waterfowl Shooting in Scotland

The current statutory suspension ends at 23.59hrs on Thursday 6 January. This is the result of the thaw that has begun and the improving conditions for waterfowl.

As ever, though, BASC asks all waterfowl shooters to be aware of any signs that wildfowl, and particularly waders (including woodcock and snipe), are still under pressure from the recent severe weather, especially where inland wetlands are still frozen. If they are then due respect and restraint should be shown for as long as proves necessary. Remember also that other, non-shooting, people may well be watching what you do.

Please inform other shooters of the situation when the opportunity arises.

Thank you for your support through this exceptional period of severe weather.

Every good wish for 2011 and let’s hope the New Year does not see any return to the arctic conditions we have recently enjoyed!

Yours sincerely

John Harradine (Dr)

Director of Research

Duckhunter, for 20 years I shot on the Solway and for 20 years I heard "them Brummies" or "them geordies" ain't got a clue when it comes to geese. In all the years I reckon some of the poorest displays of wildfowling was carried out by the locals (no names, no packdrill) but it was easier to deflect the blame onto the visitors. I have no doubt that there were around 10,000 pinks when you were there and they weren't all barnies. Take it all with a massive pinch of salt; in this game, everyones an expert and the interweb makes heroes of us all.Take it easy.