Mike brown whippets?

To be honest think you'd be hard pushed to find a whippet that wouldnt work .

The little madheads just love to chase anything that moves

Ive seen plenty with show blood go to working homes and do well , now im not knocking MB as i dont know him but it seems if its not ss lines its no good for work

I think that what people are looking for is build and conformation which Mb whippets certainly seem to have :thumbs:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mike brown didnt become well known because he has worked his dogs, and thats a fact, he became well known because he used to sell his dogs using the "LAGUNA" name, (which wasnt/isnt his to use,) lyla

I have nothing against anyone breeding working dogs I do however hate people breeding working dogs that dont get them out and work them but will bull shit you when you get there and tell you they are

Bottom line im 24 iv only worked whippets for 12 years and raced greyhounds since i can remember i dont debate that a man breeding longer than i have lived will have forgoten more than i know but when

Posted Images

lot of different opinions, which is what a healthy debate is all about , though whether it is the way im readin some comments JEALOUSY jumps out off a few ! i went to M.B. for a dog , all be it on the word off my mate who is well respected by those who know him where dogs concerned and had M.B.dog previous, anyway arranged for a pup in next litter unseen ( yes i know some may say naive , or ameturist and i wouldnt argue ) , had a few conversations with the man leadin up too pickin the pup up ,when i went to pick pup up he told me what he expected off the pup if brought on right , 3and a half yrs i am down the line now with the dog and couldnt be happier , not just on what the dog produces in the field but the nature and temprement off the dog, in the field he has proved his worth to me ten fold, game as a badger,he gives 100% every time he works , and believe me not just rabbits , i hate recommending anythin in life it always seems to back fire but i would without hesitation recommend a pup off M.B. to anybody lookin for this type of dog, some may think my standards dont match theres and thats fair enough, but others, more experienced dog men who have seen this dog work have made comments that tell you more than i can as there comin from a neutral side with nothin to gain (though ive nothin to gain), one last thing with all off us on here YOUR dog has to satisfy 1 person and 1 person only YOU , and if you have a dog that does that you have the best dog in the world as far as your needs and wants are concerned.

leeview here you go .... you only had to go to my last post as i stated ... but you on this subject wont let it go so im holdin my hands up in defeat ... the above is an honest opinion on why i went to the man i cant add anythin more .

Theres plenty on here said they would nt go back to mb for another if you reread this topic, OK so I'll ask you what made you decide to get a pup from mb? Your mate had one and you thought it OK, contacted mb and ordered one, Did you ask to see the parents working? Are there many whippets/lurcher breeders on the Rock? to compare with whats available?

Working Whippets is simply a gimmick mb coined :thumbs: previously they were just called whippes and did what whippets had been doing for many decades

Y.I.S Leeview

Here we go again, why are you askin a question ive already given the answer too :wallbash: read the previous post i put up will give you your answers , though you already know that your just lookin to keep this topic going to try and DESTROY the man , you do yourself no favours concerning M.B. mate , your tryin to belittle him but your only achievin to come across really BITTER & TWISTED.

I'm asking for you to clarify your answer Please? Not bitter and twisted at all just trying to open genuine lads eyes to save them being ripped off :thumbs: as I have done on other threads regarding puppy peddlers.

Y.I.S Leeview

doe's this muppet even read what anyone posts ffs, a real chief amongst idiots :yes:

Edited by no1 jibber

the man in question has kept whippets nigh on 20 yrs ,he run lurchers messing . previous to this before the ban on dangerious dog law came in to force he dabbled with pit bulls. but that his another story , toby sooty sam was the starting line of his whipps he inbred this dog far to close . i have seen dogs out of this line with blue mutant dermatitus one of the reasons this can come about his breeding blue to blue to blue and by inbreeding , also this his a malady ,bull breeds are prone two. the outcrosses he eventually realised he at to do was back show stock which increased sizegot rid of all if not most of the inbred deficiencys he had brought to the surface . quote back to the question yapping , in these dogs the mans theory to me when asked was well the outcrosses are prone to through the odd yapper . Isay this having seen numerious of these dogs work and entered correctly,these dogs on the whole produce yappers when put under stress when workingon a regular basis . these are whipps were are talking about here bred from complete untested stock .my advice to any one wanting a whipp would be go to the lads ladies working them , banatay moonlake nimrodell all these will work and yes some of the show stock do a good job aswell Iwould never intentionally knock the whippet has a breed you see i have kept whipps for more than half a century and my familly longer , dedicated breeders of any type of dog especially animals bred for performance, have a devotion to the breed type ,not what gains and monies that can begot from the said breed . PS I HAE KNOWN THIS BREEDER TO BY BITCHES ,IN PUP ONLY TO GO ON AND FILL HIS ORDERS .? ALL THE BEST BUNNYS

i'm not personaly a fan of M/B'S whippets. as said before never herd of anyone seeing them worked. people hear of his dogs doing well in the field but i have also heard of some of his doing not so well either. i think the name( BRAND / OBSSESION THAT SOME HAVE WITH THE LAGUNA NAME AND DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS) laguna is what made M/B his name. i think it is out of order that he used that as a sales pitch for his dogs. for doritt mckay's laguna dogs where shown succesfully and coursed successfully where as mike has done nothing of a sort similar with his and as his fans have said they are working whippets not coursing whippet's. sorry but you go on his website is says work, show,coursing or race and when has anyone seen him doing anything like that

to make a point to the user who started the thread. i think you have as much of a chance of getting a good worker from show lines as you do off him. a whippet is a whippet at the end of the day it it dose what you want it to all the better.

i'm not personaly a fan of M/B'S whippets. as said before never herd of anyone seeing them worked. people hear of his dogs doing well in the field but i have also heard of some of his doing not so well either. i think the name( BRAND / OBSSESION THAT SOME HAVE WITH THE LAGUNA NAME AND DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS) laguna is what made M/B his name. i think it is out of order that he used that as a sales pitch for his dogs. for doritt mckay's laguna dogs where shown succesfully and coursed successfully where as mike has done nothing of a sort similar with his and as his fans have said they are working whippets not coursing whippet's. sorry but you go on his website is says work, show,coursing or race and when has anyone seen him doing anything like that

to make a point to the user who started the thread. i think you have as much of a chance of getting a good worker from show lines as you do off him. a whippet is a whippet at the end of the day it it dose what you want it to all the better.

16yr old thief you know nothing. how many litters you and your mum bred lol.

Have you noticed its always the same very small number of people who run him and his dogs down over and over but the list of happy folk is far far far longer. Also funny that as far as i can tell that between all the nay sayers they have never met the man and only owned one dog (dotty) which was a bit shit. Hardly the kind of stuff you base your judgment of a man and his line on is it? If you can show me a handful of folk who have had his dogs and were disappointed then i'd be very surprised. Leeview? Where's your dogs, all you ever do is f*****g moan and argue like an old woman. Get a grip!