Mike brown whippets?

mike brown didnt become well known because he has worked his dogs, and thats a fact, he became well known because he used to sell his dogs using the "LAGUNA" name, (which wasnt/isnt his to use,) lyla bond gunning the owner of the famous laguna kennel told "me" herself, whilst i was out coursing with her, that she disliked the way mike brown was selling hundreds of pups using her prefix to do so, and that she would never ever sell him a laguna pup, as he is nothing but a breeder who breeds for profit and nothing else, and has contributed nothing to her line, now she is the one who owns the laguna kennel and she did own some class dogs, 11 or 12 years ago mike browns whippets were closely related descendants of the lagunas, but they wont be so close now, in my opinion he is no different too david hancock nothing wrong with either of them, they are both nice blokes, and i have bought 6 dogs directly off both of these blokes over the years but i would go as far to say, any dogs either have bred which become very good workers is probably down to the lads who own them and the time effort and legwork they have put in, rather than any of the parentage of any dogs these breeders have contributed, as neither of them has worked a dog in the last 15 yeears or so, if at all..................................................................................................

the 3 times i met mike brown over a 3 year period he didnt convince me at all that he had ever worked his dogs,at the time when coursing was legal i was running two dogs i bought off him with two coursing clubs, on a few occasions i asked if he was interested in coming to give it a try, maybe join the whippet coursing clubs, or just watch my dogs (that he had bred) run, but he didnt want to, he wasnt interested, at all, he had many many opportunity's,

this is just my own opinion from what i have seen and heard for myself, and not bullshit that i heard from a mate who used to know a lad that thought he knew someone who might have blah blah blah

• Like 2

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mike brown didnt become well known because he has worked his dogs, and thats a fact, he became well known because he used to sell his dogs using the "LAGUNA" name, (which wasnt/isnt his to use,) lyla

I have nothing against anyone breeding working dogs I do however hate people breeding working dogs that dont get them out and work them but will bull shit you when you get there and tell you they are

Bottom line im 24 iv only worked whippets for 12 years and raced greyhounds since i can remember i dont debate that a man breeding longer than i have lived will have forgoten more than i know but when

Posted Images

what c his saying here his fact ,many have been took in by the clever buisnes head of . to late now a decade later the mans bred and sold hundreds of puppies and not all of them at his pl,,ace either , the laguna affix ,was poached up on in a very clever manner much in the same way has the minshaw lurcher brand name his now going through ,by some unscrupulous breeders.theres not a cat in hells chance the man was going to show his face in public where it mattered in the field. he now shows himself at the yearly working whippet show galas , and yes he put his own stuff up , the mans got balls of brass or should isay more face than big ben .DORIT MCKAY AND LILA BOND GUNNING WILL FOREVER OWN THE LAGUNA AFFIX AND RIGHTLY SO . HAS DAMAGED THE REP OF THE lLINE ,but does he care afraid not the mans a puppy farmer of second rate imitation stock that come with overpriced tags . some things have to be said , but i dont think the man will lose any sleep over it , NICE bloke maybe but the fa\cts remain there for all to see , ill finish by saying one thing beware future whippet owners because there his now dogs bred from m kennels up for stud , and puppies being bred from them never stepped foot in a field . queried one chap dog at stud his reply he helps to pay the morgage for f.... sake all the best to the genuine dog men and women folk bunnys

mike brown didnt become well known because he has worked his dogs, and thats a fact, he became well known because he used to sell his dogs using the "LAGUNA" name, (which wasnt/isnt his to use,) lyla bond gunning the owner of the famous laguna kennel told "me" herself, whilst i was out coursing with her, that she disliked the way mike brown was selling hundreds of pups using her prefix to do so, and that she would never ever sell him a laguna pup, as he is nothing but a breeder who breeds for profit and nothing else, and has contributed nothing to her line, now she is the one who owns the laguna kennel and she did own some class dogs, 11 or 12 years ago mike browns whippets were closely related descendants of the lagunas, but they wont be so close now, in my opinion he is no different too david hancock nothing wrong with either of them, they are both nice blokes, and i have bought 6 dogs directly off both of these blokes over the years but i would go as far to say, any dogs either have bred which become very good workers is probably down to the lads who own them and the time effort and legwork they have put in, rather than any of the parentage of any dogs these breeders have contributed, as neither of them has worked a dog in the last 15 yeears or so, if at all..................................................................................................

the 3 times i met mike brown over a 3 year period he didnt convince me at all that he had ever worked his dogs,at the time when coursing was legal i was running two dogs i bought off him with two coursing clubs, on a few occasions i asked if he was interested in coming to give it a try, maybe join the whippet coursing clubs, or just watch my dogs (that he had bred) run, but he didnt want to, he wasnt interested, at all, he had many many opportunity's,

this is just my own opinion from what i have seen and heard for myself, and not bullshit that i heard from a mate who used to know a lad that thought he knew someone who might have blah blah blah

very good post a man who clearly knows what he is talking about

robert

as i say he,s a pleasant enough bloke, but anyone with some spare cash and a yard, can buy some brood bitches, and a stud dog or two, and make a living out of other peoples names and reputations, and other dogs names and reputations, even without campaigning the dogs themselves either in the field or the showring, dog breeding can be big money if you want to do it, you just need a popular type and big names. LAGUNA WHIPPET, :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: looks good at first doesnt it,but is 19 years since sooty sam was born 13 august 1991, and he was only half working whippet x half show whippet, his dam was a show bitch gilscar soft whisper,

to be fair MB does not claim to breed top class coursing whippets or even coursing whippets he has a line of working whippets(rabbiting dogs) that do their job to a good standard from what i have seen he keeps his hounds in good health and well managed Dorit and Lila have knocked out a large amount of pups over the years are they pedlars or trying to perpetuate a line of excellance? also Lila has made the claim of breeders 'Riding on the back of their name" about other breeders than mb, i would imagine that once a pedigree becomes as well known as Laguna that those kind of annoyances are common. think this is getting out of context mb breeds working whippets they do what it says on the tin end off no bad practice or selling them out of the back of a van at a dog track. try asking Tony or Bert Dent (who have forgotton more about coursing with whippets than i know)their opinion about mb

think this is getting out of context mb breeds working whippets they do what it says on the tin end off no bad practice or selling them out of the back of a van at a dog track. try asking Tony or Bert Dent (who have forgotton more about coursing with whippets than i know)their opinion about mb

PB "mb breeds working whippets" :hmm: someone else making a claim that they are working bred? Not one person has actually seen HIS dogs work but are happy to believe pictures of HIS dogs with rabbits in his yard but that dont make them workers in my eyes :thumbs: As for bad practise what would you call a pup that had ss as a sire,grand sire,and great grand sire :icon_eek: IE father xdaughter X3

Y.I.S Leeview

true enough paddybarr, fair comment i was happy with the ones i bought off mike, 13 years ago now, sired direct by sooty sam, they ran well with the east of england and east anglian whippet coursing clubs, they never let me down, and they also ran well around home daytime hares rabbits, and nailed plenty on the lamp, and worked well with ferrets, as can be read in my posts going back 4 years since i first came on here, but i think a lot of that was down to the effort i put in, and since then 13 years ago i have seen better, which are actually campaigned in the field year in year out for all to see, (if they want to) and these days personally i would look elsewhere,

all the best

cocker

PB "mb breeds working whippets" :hmm: someone else making a claim that they are working bred? Not one person has actually seen HIS dogs work but are happy to believe pictures of HIS dogs with rabbits in his yard but that dont make them workers in my eyes :thumbs: As for bad practise what would you call a pup that had ss as a sire,grand sire,and great grand sire :icon_eek: IE father xdaughter X3

Y.I.S Leeview

whats the definition of making a claim? to have proof of purpose?(i dont look at pictures) i owned a bitch from mb lines a few years back (i have 6 whippets none with ss blood so no axe to grind) the bitch worked like a train and had the heart of a lion every other dog from those lines that i have been out with have been able in the field so MY claim is based on those facts, get a grip we are talking about a guy who breeds rabbiting dogs for people who are happy to buy them if he was breeding crap demand would have dried up years ago

true enough paddybarr, fair comment i was happy with the ones i bought off mike, 13 years ago now, sired direct by sooty sam, they ran well with the east of england and east anglian whippet coursing clubs, they never let me down, and they also ran well around home daytime hares rabbits, and nailed plenty on the lamp, and worked well with ferrets, as can be read in my posts going back 4 years since i first came on here,

all the best

cocker

:thumbs:

lets say this not counting the registered ones , he wont have aclue himself. he couldint honestly tell you , theres one thing for sure breeding indiscriminatelylike he has ,wont have done the breed any good. bit of a lurcherman seen a neech in the market this has got the man fame ,but forall the wrong reasons

ps paddybar ask yourself this ,he breeds rabbiting dogsso why jump on the laguna affix could of quite easily put them up has rabbiting whipps from the beging he deliberately mislead people not in the no.coupled with the luck of the hunting ban well the rest his history

whats the definition of making a claim? to have proof of purpose?(i dont look at pictures) i owned a bitch from mb lines a few years back (i have 6 whippets none with ss blood so no axe to grind) the bitch worked like a train and had the heart of a lion every other dog from those lines that i have been out with have been able in the field so MY claim is based on those facts, get a grip we are talking about a guy who breeds rabbiting dogs for people who are happy to buy them if he was breeding crap demand would have dried up years ago

The definition of claim? You wrote he bred working whippets :thumbs: thats a claim you made plain and simple.I claimed that no one had seen HIS dogs work because he does nt work them :thumbs: now if someone buys a pup from him puts the time and effort into the pup and they are happy with the result fair enough but it hyasnt come from working parents :whistling: IMHO So many many whippets not from mb can be equally as good if not better again IMHO and others who've posted on this topic

Y.I.S Leeview

most people who breed pedigree dog at that rate of nots, usually make there own affixwith the kennel club but you see so and so whipps are just like the next man witn whipps . he needed a selling point and he abused , the great name of the laguna kennels i suppose if toby was moonlake nimrodell barmoll or any other we would have not been where we are today.the mans a champion peddlar ,who has the gall to portray his stock with the ral genuine stock hes no different thansomebody on a sunday stall selling pirate copies . and yes these work but theyre not the real deal.